OCR02681 - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team "Runaway Faith"

djpretzel

For the day when TheGuitahHeroe single-handedly releases the entire remixed album for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Mystery Team. Fingers crossed.

Very well done. A little short for my tastes, but 'Run Away' is an excellent piece in itself, and this remix does it justice.

Speaking of which, is 'Run Away' related to songs like 'Temporal Tower' and 'Primal Dialga Battle'?

Can't get enough of solo-piano ReMixes. Almost nothing touches the gorgeousness of a song played well on the old black and white keys. This ReMix is no exception. Beautiful sound and great production behind the whole thing. Picking up the melody and giving it more speed near the end was fantastic. Well done.

• 2 years later...

It's impressive - aside from the fact that the source tune already carries a lot of emotional baggage in its narrative and that a different piano adaptation has been done prior, this mix manages to juice the song even further for its emotive prowess. All I can say is that when it comes to solo piano pieces, I'm a sucker for sections that linger over high notes (e.g. 0:36-0:41), contemplate existence (the slow midriff), and leave me wanting more (don't run away from me, 2:53+...). During any of those times I just feel like tearing up, inside or out.

In short, I'd say the artist succeeded.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02681 - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team "Runaway Faith"