OCR02991 - *YES* Metal Slug 4 'Eau Charix' *RESUB*

Liontamer

Original Decision (Resub from form rejection)

Contact Information

> ReMixer name: HeavenWraith

> Real name: Antanas Palaitis

> Website: http://www.heavenwraithmusic.net

> Forum userID: 50325

Submission Information

> Game: Metal Slug 4

> ReMix Name: Eau Charix

> Original Name: Furiously

Hello once again.

I've polished the piece following the advice you've all given me and some little nitpicks I've noticed myself since the last time I've submitted this track. Though, the only thing I couldn't make myself change was organ playing the main theme, I'm sorry and I hope it won't tick anybody off. On the bright side, I gave it more presence and backing pads, let's see how that'll work out. And lastly - thanks for your time.

P. S. For convenience, you can call me Anthony, the international version of my name.

P. P. S. And thanks for doing a great job of posting lots of mixposts/rejects recently.

------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpph3E6KtfM

Solid update. It could be better (not because of the organ), I'm still thinking about the mixing.

The overall sound was still too heavy on the reverb in a lot of places, IMO. But the drums in that one spot were layered (minor), and the guitars cut through better (major).

The balance among the parts was improved a bit, and most important parts have ENOUGH clarity and presence to be appreciated. It's not perfect, but I was on the borderline before, and it's good enough to me to get by now.

From form letter rejection to a YES in 2 moves. Not bad. ;-)

• 1 month later...

Wow. I read my vote, and I'm impressed, because I don't remember what the last version sounded like. Certainly not like this. Lots of energy now in the mix. There's a lot of bottom still, but there's plenty of presence to go along with it. It's washy at times, and I largely think you don't need those pads sitting underneath cause mostly they just fight with the bass.

That said, this is a very impressive revision.

YES

• 2 months later...

Yeah, nice fix-up here. I'd nitpick that the reverb is a bit on the heavy side of things, which muddies up some of the parts a bit, but it's not so much of an issue that it's below the bar as-is. There's some good energy in this, I like the varied sections, and overall you've got some strong rhythm section writing that compliments the parts well. Nice work.

YES

• 3 weeks later...