OCR02684 - Chrono Trigger & TalesWeaver "Weaving the Threads of Time"

djpretzel

I only know one of the sources (guess which), but what I really enjoyed about this mix is that the two sources were so well woven together that I never even got the sense of any contrasting or dissonant elements. I enjoy the build and feel around 2:15-2:45, and while I as well could agree that the bass and drums left some to be desired, the strength of the performance resides in the great writing and emotive violin feeling, which really sell. Well done!

It does sound nice and folksy in the beginning and closer to the end, don't it? Love that violin and the upbeat melody behind it, and when it shifts to the more classical sounding bits, it makes for a nice transition. Very cool.

• 2 years later...

This is so pretty. Very brave of you to combine the track from a game that is still ridiculously popular with a track from a game that isn’t as well known in comparison. The piano and violin work is incredible. I also have to say that it sounded a little cluttered at around the 3 minute mark, but I am still amazed by how wonderful this sounds.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02684 - Chrono Trigger & TalesWeaver "Weaving the Threads of Time"