Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

@ Liontamer

Really? They all came from the full sized version of these pics: http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/cotm/ and in most of them, I used a fixed size selection square of 32x32 instead of manual selction and cropping (which doesn't yield the best results). But I agree with you about the outcome of the Werewolf and Necromancer.

Should just increasing the resoultion in Photoshop (via image size)do the trick)?

I can do some Dawn of Sorrow ones also, they were definitely more simple anime like (Think Pokemon people), so they should come out clearer.

I also think we should have one of Agent Cruller from Psychonauts, great character. Boyd's character really stood out in the game and is worth an avatar also.

OCRtan.gif

LT: I have most of those from last time around, and saved all the new ones except the OCR4-tan. The resolution on that one doesn't look quite so hot, but see if you can tinker with it.

OCRtan2.gif

Is that what you were looking for?

Watch me pull out the anal-retentive card. I swear it's just for quality control, not "OMG I HATE YOU AND DISREPECT YO?UR EFFROT!"

Well, unfortunately OCR4-tan looks too sharp/pixelated now, so a happy medium between the first and second tries should get a good result.

Here some others...

KingOfAllCosmos.gif

LT: A little grainy, plus the style/background looks so similar to the other one that we only need one good pose, so...

KingOfAllCosmos2.gif

...by request, here's the King of All Cosmos himself.

LT: No on the first one, but nice work on the second. Nice, bro. That's a winner.

bge.gif

bge2.gif

..and secondly, our favorite Beyond Good & Evil babe, the lovely Jade!

LT: Weird; the first one is ok per se, but the pose on the second Jade definitely looks better, only the pic's too dark. Can you lighten it, and we can just use that one? Otherwise, I can just use the first Jade.

LT: Yeah, I remember these from last time around. Some of the more chibi-glow-in-the-dark-eyed stuff looks absolutely scary. I took 8 of 'em (1 Grahf, 1 Chaos, 4 Kos-Mos, 1 Albedo, 1 Shion), and will pass on the rest. Hope you're not offended by that.

No. Not at all. That's plenty. I love you.

Here's some updates.

I just realize that i didn't load my CoTM ghost one up. I don't think you are collecting enemies, but I thought it looked really cool, and I truly hope you consider it.

cotm_dracula.gifghost3.gifcarmilla.gif

0495831a.gifnathan1.gifnathan4.gif

skeleton3.gif

I made different versions of the skeleton so you choose. By the way, the grey line on the left is the bone it is throwing. Should I keep it or erase it?

LT: Skeleton's kinda iffy anyway as the main image was too fuzzy and the sharpened one is too sharp. The bone would have to be erased though. If the size was smaller to allow more of the skull in the picture, too much detail would probably be lost, so I'd scrap it. Kind of a lot of white/empty space in that one anyway, so I'm trying not to add it many like those. White space looks bad over a silver/gray background.

Dracula's a little bit pixelated, but good enough, so thanks for sharpening him. Ghost looks awesome as hell, and no I don't descriminate against what type of characters/things are given images. Anything from a game that would look good as an avatar is fair game.

By the way, I did see your earlier comment about the CV images you linked to. Tough break there, but I see how the grainyness wasn't your fault at all. The images Classic Gaming had were already muddy and small to begin with, so you tried to work with what you had. But yeah, that's why some of them aren't that hot.

Do you think Coach Oleander needs to be sharpened/brightened?

I also added a couple of more characters. There are ton of avatar worthy characters from the game, but I think we have enough. I thought the ones I added were really worth adding.

Boyd.gifOCR-Coach_Oleander.gifOCR-Lungfish.gif

Agent Ford Cruller

ford.gif

Sheegor

sheegor.gifsheegor2.gif

OCR-Sasha_Nein.gif

Raz (I made a simple .gif conversion and a sharpened edition, I leave it up to you to choose)

OCR-Raz.gifOCR-Raz2.gif

After posting Ford, I see that it doesn't look that good, but I really enjoyed the character.

LT: Actually, now that you mention it, Coach Oleander and Lungfish could use a tiny bit of brightening, but it's not a huge deal if not. I think they come out ok. I also took Sasha Nein and the sharpened Raz. The others didn't look like they would fit as much. Hope you're not offended by that. Thanks for coverting those JPGs.

Edit: forgot these

ChibiOCR-Tan.gifChibiOCR-Tan2.gifChibiOCR-Tan3.gif

LT, from left to right: thanks/just right, too sharp, not sharp enough

Ones that we need:

Delta Force symbol

Number Munchers characters

ET from Atari 2600

Clay Fighter characters

Of course, since I don't have the capacity or patience to do anything in gif format, I'm leaving this to others to do it.

I'll jump on the Number Munchers request because I loved that game. However, I'm not wanting to do the others right now. May do them later if I feel like it.

Edit: I happened to find a download for the game and a clone of it. Now I can't remember why I loved the game so much (I guess it was fun when you didn't know the number so easily). Oh well, here it is.

number_muncher.gif

LT: That clone can die! Apple IIe or nothin' as far as I'm concerned. (Actually, the old Mac Color Classic had a good upgraded version of the game with improved graphics.) But yeah, fuck that fake clone version there. If you get the REAL pics from Apple IIe Number Munchers and them some Troggles, then I <3. Troggle-us Smarticus, baby. Nevar forget.

NumberMunchersScreenshot.jpg

Of course, since I don't have the capacity or patience to do anything in gif format, I'm leaving this to others to do it.

Boy does it take some F'king patience... .gif pisses me off more than warm beer and a cold woman.

LT: That clone can die! Apple IIe or nothin' as far as I'm concerned. (Actually, the old Mac Color Classic had a good upgraded version of the game with improved graphics.) But yeah, fuck that fake clone version there. If you get the REAL pics from Apple IIe Number Munchers and them some Troggles, then I <3. Troggle-us Smarticus, baby. Nevar forget.

NumberMunchersScreenshot.jpg

Yeah, as soon as you find me a program that can take images from a DOS program. Or if you can give me some real pictures of it w/o numbers in the way. (which at that point, you could probably make one yourself).

Edit, I might be able to do one from the lives in that picture, but it would look cruddy, unless I perhaps recolored it. (Clearing up "clumped" pixels)

Edit: Back to Razsputin. Look at the diff. btwn the sharpened and unsharpened one. The Sharpened one is brightened, but a bit too sharp on the edges. The unsharpened one is perfect on the edges, but a tad dark. I think if I just increase the contrast on that one, it would be perfect.

As for the ChibiOCR-Tans, I knew the first looked the best. The other two I couldn't sharpen anymore if I tried (except maybe with the manual sharpening tool). At this point, do we need the others?

LT: Don't worry about Number Munchers. In a perfect world, there would be many pics online with which to get some avatars. Best best for anyone interested would be to emulate the Apple IIe and get some screen captures.

Sharpened Raz is a little too sharp, but from a casual distance, you can't really tell. If you want to lighten to smoother one, you're more than welcome to try.

No need to worry about the other OCR4-tan pics, as those weren't the best shots anyway.

BEFORE bge2.gif -------> AFTER bge2b.gif

BEFORE OCRtan.gifOCRtan2.gif -------> AFTER OCRtan3.gif

t3h kirby

where is t3h kirby?

Kirby1.gif

Kirby2.gif

Kirby3.gif

Kirby4.gif

LT: Nice job on Jade and OCR4-tan. 4-tan still looks a little pixely; may wanna try a softer touch when resizing the pic in the first place, but no big deal. This is definitely fine. I took the last 3 Kirby ones; unless there are some drastically different style Kirby shots out there (e.g. the one on fire), then that's more than enough Kirby for the site. Thanks a lot.

t3h kirby

where is t3h kirby?

Kirby1.gif

Kirby2.gif

Kirby3.gif

Kirby4.gif

Pwnership.

Edit: I was wanting to do one of Bill Rizer from Shattered Solider, and this was the best image I could find.

http://games.kikizo.com/media/contra_shattered_soldier/css_01.jpg

Should I make one off of it? I also have some wallpapers of Neo Contra that actually might be better.

LT: Doesn't seem workable from that pic. I'd stick to trying to get stuff from resizies that wouldn't be so drastic, as well as sprites. We're always in need of good looking sprites.

Some U.N. Squadron love:

EDIT--Fixed them (BEFORE==>AFTER)

UNSquad.gif

UN Squadron logo

EDIT--It is resized.

Shin.gif==>Shin1.gif

Shin Kazama

Mickey.gif==>Mickey1.gif

Mickey Scymon

Greg.gif==>Greg1.gif

Greg Gates

LT: The logo looks good, though it's not 32x32 like it's supposed to be. The rest look muddy. Gotta sharpen them up, but otherwise they look cool. I hope you fix 'em.

EDIT: Nice job on the fixes. Looks all set.

t3h kirby

where is t3h kirby?

Kirby1.gif

Kirby2.gif

Kirby3.gif

Kirby4.gif

LT: Nice job on Jade and OCR4-tan. 4-tan still looks a little pixely; may wanna try a softer touch when resizing the pic in the first place, but no big deal. This is definitely fine. I took the last 3 Kirby ones; unless there are some drastically different style Kirby shots out there (e.g. the one on fire), then that's more than enough Kirby for the site. Thanks a lot.

did i ever mention that i love you

the kirby mike one is MINE PEOPLE MINE

t3h kirby

where is t3h kirby?

Kirby1.gif

Kirby2.gif

Kirby3.gif

Kirby4.gif

did i ever mention that i love you

the kirby mike one is MINE PEOPLE MINE

I'm getting the flaming kirby one.

I did one in BMP, but I can't figure out how to save it in GIF without it turning into crap.

Stop using Paint and get something better, like the Gimp, Paintshop Pro or Photoshop.

Alternatively, link the BMP(or even save as PNG) here and I'll convert it and fix it up if needed.

Yeah, I got Gimp yesterday but I'm not used to it yet.

I did one in BMP, but I can't figure out how to save it in GIF without it turning into crap.

Edit: Meh, here's mine:flatkirby320wh.gif

LT: Um...

Fine then, be that way. I thought the original sprite was hilarious though:flatkirby8wl.png

LT: Anything that's not a 1:1 resize is likely a no-go anyway.

Here's some other other kirby pose I considered...

Kirbysamples.gif

LT: I'll take the OTHER one on fire, and the one with the snorkling goggles on. Split 'em up.

Yes sir!

Kirby5.gif

Kirby6.gif

LT: Nice. Can't get enough of burnt Kirby. Maybe because he's not pink. But of course because he's burnt. Thanks yo.