Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

LIONTAMER EDIT: Oh thank God you started this Joy, as opposed to someone who isn't good at what they're doing here. I'm de facto in charge of quality control and accepting new avatars, but want to make it clear that AFAIK nothing is going to get added to the avatars until AFTER the vBulletin forums migration, which could be anywhere from 2 weeks from now, to God only knows when. So please don't worry about it if we get backlogged and stuff isn't added immediately. Custom avatars will not be allowed in the new forums (but if you have something relevant we accept here and no one else uses it, that's practically a custom avatar).

1. Basic format is that pics should look good when cropped/resized/F'ed-around-width. That means centered, with sharp resolution, and with transparency when necessary. Shit that looks poorly done is gonna be mercilessly called out by me.

2. 32x32 is the maximum dimensions we accept. Smaller than that is OK. GIF format is the ONLY file format we accept.

3. Please name the files or detail in your posts what characters/games are being shown so that we'll be able to seperate the avatars by game series, company, whatever.

4. Anime, comic book, TV and other types of avatars are allowed, but this is primarily a video game devoted site and the major majority of avatars accepted will be VG-related.

5. I will edit my comments into your posts, so please check what you're posting in order to see my direct comments. I save everything I think is already good and will host them on OCR's FTP when they're needed.

Also, I'm only a human being and I'm getting ready to move in a few weeks (late March/early April), so while I pack my things, get settled in a new place and yadda ya, bear with me when I lag behind with comments and feedback.

------------------------------------------------------

I just found some of the leftovers of the last batch of avatar I worked on when it was trendy to make them. I also remember Liontamer said to me that I could post some avatar occasionnaly because I supposedly make quality avatars soooooooooooooooo, here it is... a new thread where I'll work on some avatar from time to time, probably taking request and doing others from my own twisted ideas.

However, do not worry, I don't want this to become an additionnal burden for DJP or anyone else involved in the acceptance of new official OCR forum avatars, neither do I want to constantly annoy them with attention-whorism or demands, my goal would be to provide them with a regular flow of avatar to look upon when they have time to check them out, if they want to. So if this thread isn't needed or wanted, feel free to lock or delete it without hesitation. I will hold no grudge whatsoever to anybody, I just want to lend a hand doing something I love to do. Also, this thread is by no way oriented only towards my work. If anyone wants to contribute, feel free to do so.

Here some random ones... (Size is always 32x32 pixels - smaller is acceptable for transparency usage)

blastermaster1.gifblastermaster2.gifRush.gifexcitebike.gifdrwily.gifwhitemage.gifthief.giffighter.gifdig-dug.gifEggplantWizard.gifOCRtan.gif

LT: I have most of those from last time around, and saved all the new ones except the OCR4-tan. The resolution on that one doesn't look quite so hot, but see if you can tinker with it.

tsubasa_fye.gif

tsubasa_hakumokona.gif

tsubasa_kokumokona.gif

tsubasa_kurogane.gif

tsubasa_sakura.gif

tsubasa_shaoloan.gif

the package as already been sent to Liontamer some time ago. i still hope that i can use a fye avatar on this forum,maybe for the forum change who know.

LT: Sorry about not replying to your original PM, Douli, just a case of the inbox being too full. I took the first one (tsubasa_fye.gif), but the rest look grainy and horrible. A couple of them, you can't really tell what they're supposed to look like. No-go on those, just that 1. (Images have since been updated by Douli, so I wasn't just seeing things.)

the package as already been sent to Liontamer some time ago. i still hope that i can use a fye avatar on this forum,maybe for the forum change who know.

Doh! I completely forgot about that. I suppose this thread is kinda doomed if the avatar structure/size change with the new forum... That's too bad; I should've thought of that before making this topic. :?

Doh! I completely forgot about that. I suppose this thread is kinda doomed if the avatar structure/size change with the new forum... That's too bad; I should've thought of that before making this topic. :?

Have they mentioned anything about it?

needs more xeno

xeno_01.gifxeno_02.gifxeno_03.gif

xeno_04.gifxeno_05.gifxeno_06.gif

xeno_07.gifxeno_08.gifxeno_09.gif

xeno_10.gifxeno_11.gifxeno_12.gif

xeno_13.gifxeno_14.gifxeno_15.gif

xeno_16.gifxeno_17.gif

LT: Yeah, I remember these from last time around. Some of the more chibi-glow-in-the-dark-eyed stuff looks absolutely scary. I took 8 of 'em (1 Grahf, 1 Chaos, 4 Kos-Mos, 1 Albedo, 1 Shion), and will pass on the rest. Hope you're not offended by that. You obviously know how to crop/size things well here. Hope you make more from other material.

Hmm, I've got a few UT2004 ones I made awhile back. Here they be!

UT2K4-Jacob.gif

UT2K4-Ophelia.gif

UT2K4-Prism.gif

UT2K4-Torch.gif

LT: Ugly, plastic-looking people. They're fine, though the 3rd one, Prism, looks a bit murky. Any way to sharpen her up (and slightly move her right to center her face more)? The other 3 are all set though. Look at that black guy; it's like you made me a custom avatar.

Dubble-yu. Tee. Eff.

New forum? What the heck are you guys talking about? Sorry to go off topic, but it looks like I've been hiding under a rock. Anyone care to explain this to me? (PM is probably best so the thread doesn't derail.)

As far as I know, we're sticking with the current avatar structure when the forums are migrated to vBulletin. Same size restrictions and limited only to the avatars that are available on-site rather than any custom avatars.

I've added instructions/background to the beginning of Joyzilla's post up top and Stickied the thread. This is basically a non-music Site Project. I leave it up to DarkeSword to determine what forum the thread will go in, but for now it'll remain in GD where it'll get the most attention. Thanks for getting this started again, Joyzilla.

^It's chaotic enough already with the sigs...Although...Custom avatars would be pure bliss for the guys over at UnMod!

So...Can someone just walk in here and maybe make requests for avatars? Cus's little tiny images of the "Mario and Luigi"'s Mario and Luigi would be nice.

Also, more OCR-tan.

And Katamari stuff. Like King of all Cosmos.

As far as I know, we're sticking with the current avatar structure when the forums are migrated to vBulletin. Same size restrictions and limited only to the avatars that are available on-site rather than any custom avatars.

I've added instructions/background to the beginning of Joyzilla's post up top and Stickied the thread. This is basically a non-music Site Project. I leave it up to DarkeSword to determine what forum the thread will go in, but for now it'll remain in GD where it'll get the most attention. Thanks for getting this started again, Joyzilla.

All of the SITE HELP threads should go in site projects, technically, but I'm going to wait until the vB switch to do the actual move.

For now we'll leave in General.

Rough cut

shinra.jpg

shinra.gif

m2_1.gif

m1_1.gif

ignignokt.gif

ignignokt2.gif

er.gif

er2.gif

w2_1.gif

w1_1.gif

Cleaning these up, will post clean ones later, unless someone wants to help out.

Vincent.gif

rufus2.gifrufus3.gifrufus.gif(don't know which one I want to edit yet)

Also, I know about the size issues (some are 33x33) and that big one, that will be cleaned up on the update

LT: Uh yeah, well, I know these are rough, but let's point out the obvious. The first Shinra logo is fine, except that it's a JPG rather than a GIF. The others below it look like they're made in MS Paint and look cruddy and grainy, so don't even bother trying to get them up to shape. We're looking more for already-made pictures that have been resized, not bootleg fan-art stuff. We have some bootleg Street Fighter ones from WAY back, but otherwise no fan art is allowed unless it looks ridiculously professional/high-grade (e.g. OCR-tan). The green and purple mothers with their arms down are ok, but need transparency for the white background and, as you know, need to be in the right size.

Be nice, man! All I have at work is mspaint... This was just for the Idea... I got Corel at home, gonna fix em up good. Trying to get a few more better ones in, but rather than "one at a time them" I'll finish it up this weekend and blast you with them, shotgun style...

In the mean time President Shinra: Any good?

new-2.gifPresShin.gif

(so I can know if I'm close "quality wise" with the rest?)

LT: Only as a judge am I mean. :lol: The Shinra here is decent overall. Good resolution, relatively good transparency done. The only problem is the proportion, where you can tell the height was squooshed relative to the width. Don't sub anything where an image shrink is not 1:1, otherwise it's easily gonna look squished like the Shinra pic. Otherwise, it's pretty good just not quite useable, but your others ones should probably be good. And yeah, giving me a bunch at once is preferable to 1-by-1. 1-by-1 ad nauseum, I start disregarding stuff.

tsubasa_fye.giftsubasa_hakumokona.giftsubasa_kurogane.giftsubasa_sakura.giftsubasa_shaoloan.giftsubasa_shaoloan2.giftsubasa_yuko.gif

edited. for graininess

LT: That non-human character, the second one (Hakumokona), is still really fuzzy, plus the cropping on it isn't really that strong to begin with, so I don't really think it'll make a good image like that. That fifth one (Shaoloan), where his mouth is right at the bottom, maybe shift the face up so less of his hair is at the top and you get a little more of the guy's face in the picture. But the rest look good bro, thanks.

Should we request avatars here? If not, I'll edit this post.

We need Psychonauts.

Like these?

Psychonauts:

Boyd

OCR-Boyd.jpgOCR-Boyd.jpg

The Butcher

OCR-Butcher.jpg

Coach Oleander

OCR-Coach_Oleander.jpg

Crispen

OCR-Crispen.jpg

Lili

OCR-Lili.jpg

Lungfish

OCR-Lungfish.jpg

Milla

OCR-Milla.jpgOCR-Milla2.jpg

Razputin (Raz)

OCR-Raz.jpg

Agent Sasha Nien

OCR-Sasha_Nein.jpg

I can't remember Millia's last name. I think it might Vodello.

I could do some from Castlevania CotM and DoS if those are wanted.

Edit: Crap, I just realized that only .gifs are allowed. are they ok other wise? I'll fix 'em later

LT: Ain't that a lot. Well, many of these Psychonauts pics look too weird to be serviceable, but there are some cool ones. Do some GIFs of Coach Oleander, Lungfish, Raz, and Agent Sasha Nien.

Castelevania: Circle of the Moon

Nathan Graves:

nathan1.gifnathan2.gifnathan4.gif

Morris (Baldwin?)

morris.gif

Hugh Baldwin

hugh.gif

Carmilla

carmilla.gifcarmilla2.gif

Dracula

dracula.gif

Maneater (monster)

maneater.gif

Necromancer

necromancer.gif

Skeleton (not sure which crop to use)

skeleton2.gifskeleton.gif

Werewolf

werewolf.gif

Axelord (not so cool looking with size limitation)

axelord.gifaxelord2.gif

For the CV: Circle of the Moon ones, the resolution looks fuzzy on most of them. Necromancer and Werewolf were good though, so I took those. If you can clean up the resolution on the 2nd Nathan Graves, Hugh Baldwin, the 1st Carmilla, Dracula, and the close-up Skeleton, those would be good. The rest, fuggitaboutit.

Edit: Some links are broken, intentionally. Just check for newer ones in later posts.

All of them are 32x32 gifs. Not all of them are pixel perfect though.

Space Ghost

spaceghost9af.gifzorak14ee.gifmoltar1mf.gifbrak6gq.gif

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

mastershake7ur.giffrylock2sd.gifmeatwad4hn.gifcarl7jk.gifdrweird5ti.gif

Harvey Birdman

birdman13fr.gifphilkensebben2vt.gifreducto3yt.gif

Sealab 2021

murphy7xt.gifsparks2ew.gifmarco9bz.gifquinn3iw.gifstormy2xq.gif

Various TV

cartman9mb.giftriumph6ui.gif

Phoenix Wright

phoenix7xn.gifedgeworth7sd.gifmaya8tg.gifmia8ic.gifgumshoe4vu.giflarry7gu.gifjudge6du.gif

LT: Other than Space Ghost and Zorak (thanks), the rest are pixely crud and you know it. Brak's the best of the rest, but even that could be better. Some are obviously too dark. When you're not using Photoshop or something good to resize, it shows.

TCK: I think I found what I did wrong for the others to look so shitty. I'll fix them out tomorrow. Also, added Phoenix Wright avs.

Besides, as long as Space Ghost works :D

LT: Most of the Phoenix Wright are slightly muddy (the ones with the gray backgrounds) or too sharp (Phoenix could be smoothed out more), but the 2nd and 3rd to last on the right (Gumshoe and Larry) are good, so I took 'em.

EDIT: Actually on second though, there's just too much white/empty space for those two, and the faces are shrunk too much. If you color the background and/or get closer looking pics for Gumshoe and Larry, that would be good.