Banjo and Kazooie's Symphony of Adventure!

Blodeuyn

Hey everyone!

I've been working on this snazzy remix (really a Re-Orchestration, with some added pieces), and thought I'd share what I have so far!

Right now, the only truly 'remixed' part is the original lair theme, the rest has only been Re-Orchestrated. I'm slowly working on it, and I'll definitely post updates here as they happen!

What do you think?

http://snd.sc/1ci40lt

Two things right off the bat: Please include a link to the source and please do not use tiny urls. It makes people reluctant to click on it (Tiny urls are notorious for viruses).

Alright, so some cleaning up of the instruments is in order. They also sound too fake. Maybe some EQing and effects could fix those up.

I recommend some banjo in there somewhere. Just my personal opinion.

Other than that, add some more originality and you're good to go!

Two things right off the bat: Please include a link to the source and please do not use tiny urls. It makes people reluctant to click on it (Tiny urls are notorious for viruses).

Alright, so some cleaning up of the instruments is in order. They also sound too fake. Maybe some EQing and effects could fix those up.

I recommend some banjo in there somewhere. Just my personal opinion.

Other than that, add some more originality and you're good to go!

Alright, I'm not sure what you mean by 'Source' and the Tiny URL is the standard Soundcloud share link, but I'll keep that in mind.

As for instruments, there's not much I can do to make them sound less fake, that's what I'm working with. A Banjo, I might be able to do.

As for cleaning them up, I think it sounds rather nice, I'm working with a fairly out of date VST (Edirol), but That's what I could afford, so It's what I use. I know a few areas need some fixing, as the sounds blend together into a little bit of a jumble though.

EDIT: Oh, I realised what Source means, Since when this is finished it's going to be each different level from Banjo-Kazooie, the only accurate source would be linking every song. That seems a little silly.

Edited by Blodeuyn

Alright, I'm not sure what you mean by 'Source' and the Tiny URL is the standard Soundcloud share link, but I'll keep that in mind.

As for instruments, there's not much I can do to make them sound less fake, that's what I'm working with. A Banjo, I might be able to do.

As for cleaning them up, I think it sounds rather nice, I'm working with a fairly out of date VST (Edirol), but That's what I could afford, so It's what I use. I know a few areas need some fixing, as the sounds blend together into a little bit of a jumble though.

Source is simply the original song. And just copy the address bar of soundcloud instead of using their share option.

Try this soundfont: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21458874/SGM-V2.01.sf2

It has some really good sound quality instruments, hence, its monstrous size. There are some really good free VSTs out there, if you're willing to search a bit for them.

Play with the EQ. Play with the stereo. Listen to other songs and analyze their sounds. For now, though, focus on the arrangement. The mastering will come over time as you relink your remix.

Source is simply the original song. And just copy the address bar of soundcloud instead of using their share option.

Try this soundfont: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21458874/SGM-V2.01.sf2

It has some really good sound quality instruments, hence, its monstrous size. There are some really good free VSTs out there, if you're willing to search a bit for them.

Play with the EQ. Play with the stereo. Listen to other songs and analyze their sounds. For now, though, focus on the arrangement. The mastering will come over time as you relink your remix.

Yeah.. I've no idea how to mess with those. XD And most of the song is going to be the standard song anyway, Just put together as a full symphony.

As for the instruments not sounding real, I'm honestly fine with that, They sounds pretty good to me, and I know how to work them well, since it's what I use to do Commissions for Original work.

Edited by Blodeuyn

Yeah.. I've no idea how to mess with those. XD And most of the song is going to be the standard song anyway, Just put together as a full symphony.

As for the instruments not sounding real, I'm honestly fine with that, They sounds pretty good to me, and I know how to work them well, since it's what I use to do Commissions for Original work.

I did try that Soundfont.. honestly.. the sounds in it sound pretty bad..

Edited by Blodeuyn