Solforge for PC and iPad - sweet FTP lane-based card game

OceansAndrew

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmHACBxezzAP9hiTcqrk5WMEwcRicH8fb5FhXN6qLTdBK-BM4U

http://solforgegame.com/

I've been on the beta for this and absolutely love the game. It's sortof like a CCG in that you get new cards via boosters, but it's lane based and is really fun. There is a lot of strategy to it, and 4 different factions all play a bit differently. I think you get a small booster everyday for signing on, and then after you get 3 wins in online randoms. Or you could buy boosters too, but that makes it cost money.

You can build your own decks that combine factions, and though some of the gameplay is a little slow right now because their servers and being absolutely hammered, games can be over in a few minutes.

My username is Oceansandrew, though unless you are ready for a world of hurt, you probably don't want to challenge me. My deck is a creation of pure dominance, and you will have to be an absolute master to beat me. ;-)

Edited by OA

Yay another Magic style clone. *Shuffles his Magic decks and ignores*.

Doesn't play at all like magic though.

I'd say magic is the superior game (IMO), but it's had 20 years to get to this point, and Solforge is going for a totally different angle. If you aren't just trolling, I could lay out the differences but im not really sure that's the case.

Every single online game ever seems to have server problems the first week or so.

I saw this game during their kickstarter campaign and it looks really fun. I have an ipad so I might try it out. I don't know though. After Breath of Fire 6, Circle of Mana, AND Star Ocean: Material Trader, I'm too upset to give ANY iOS game a chance right now.

The gem socketing into cards sounded epic, though.