OCRA-0041 - Pokémon: The Eevee EP

Theory of N

The Eevee EP was conceptualized by DarkeSword and, having no time to take on another project, he said he wanted someone else to tackle it. The concept of an album consisting of a track for each Eevee evolution (including the newly announced Sylveon and Eevee him/herself) caught my attention and I absolutely LOVE Pokémon, so I took on the challenge of putting together this album showcasing some of OC ReMix's talent. The remixes themselves are a musical embodiment of each Pokémon's type (aside from Sylveon, whose type was unknown at the time of creation) and are remixes of source tunes from the game in which the Pokémon first debuted. The artists did a FANTASTIC job of accomplishing this on such a short deadline (the album was 90% complete within a month) and everyone on the project was really easy to work with. Overall, a very fun project to direct and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Enjoy the music! :D

47-133.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Two tracks down, onto Vaporeon... BITE is an amazing track. Might have to add this onto my iPad summer track list. The whole EP.

Nice.

From the four mirrors for the ZIP files (MP3 + ART only), only the last works.

That's funny as I used the first one and it was fine for me.

Edited by Liontamer
double post merge

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Pokemon mixes ftw

Chiptuney Pokemon Remixes? It's like my dream album :)!!

Butt seriously, great work. Every track is stellar and the album idea is gold.

Rock on dudes

Edited by Liontamer
double post merge

Impressive collection of tracks, I remember playing Blue and Yellow with my GB many years ago. And the reason why I picked up a gameboy color was for yellow. Its amazing how many years the series has been with us. So glad to hear more tributes like this coming together more often. Well done.

Im not entirely sure I understand where Eevee fits into the grand scheme of things vis a vis these mixes, which are random Pokemon songs, but ok. Tunes sound good.

Each remix is a musical embodiment of the type of the Pokemon. The sources were chosen from the generation of games in which the Pokemon was first introduced.

Life has been so retarded for me lately, I almost forgot I even had a track on the album until I got the announcement email on my phone earlier.:oops: I knew I just had to at least drop in and say hello!

Anyway, it is a tremendous honor to be included on the project with these AWESOME artists. I appreciate the invite from you, Theory, and I'm glad I could help out. Also, thanks everyone for the support of this project. NOW, TELL YO FRIENDZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit off topic: Sorry I'm not as active in the community as I once was. Job responsibilities have changed for one job, and I recently started a second one. Between work and family, I haven't had much time to do anything else, but I still plan on doing more remixes and getting better. It just takes much longer.

This was a really pleasant surprise to pop up on my Facebook today (liking OCR on Facebook - smartest thing I ever did). Some of it was a real trip down nostalgia lane (the tunes I didn't recognise I can only assume came from the later games).

I like the concept, and have generally preferred when OCR releases EPs or smaller albums since none of the songs get lost in the sheer size of things, so this tight collection of 9 songs is just about right to my tastes. Whilst I can't say I'd have been able to identify the specific Eeveelution to the specific song without the title's help, the whole album does have a very pleasant togetherness about it, so I suppose in that regard the Eevee theme has been achieved, so good job and congrats on the release, guys!

Edited by Hey Micky!

This was seriously a lovely little album. Eevee is one of my favourite Pokeh-manz! :D

I don't think there was one song on here i didn't like. What's more, each track really did fit each version of the character nicely, from B-Straders scorching tune for Flareon to halc's thumping forest-y adventure that represented Leafeon. They all just worked!

Great stuff, and a great little album! Kudos!

I like the concept, and have generally preferred when OCR releases EPs or smaller albums since none of the songs get lost in the sheer size of things, so this tight collection of 9 songs is just about right to my tastes.

This, QFT. I love the huge albums, and not to veer offtopic much, I found the Deus Ex EP to be very enjoyable as well. Would love to hear a few more bite-size albums in between all these mammoth full-course meal albums every now and then. =)

BITE is an amazing track.

LEGIT. Having a very hard time moving on to the rest of the album because this is stuck on replay for me right now. send help.

Also, looking at that roster it's obvious that the entire album is super dope, but I just want to go ahead and throw down some IMMENSE props for the album art (as well as that trailer design). Seriously, the site design and that album cover is just oooohhhhh gawd, too good.

LEGIT. Having a very hard time moving on to the rest of the album because this is stuck on replay for me right now. send help.

Nah, I mean, it's on my rotation of OCR tracks/Prog Rock greats/Random shit/Cricket right now, if it comes of it, send help. Hehe.

Having a very hard time moving on to the rest of the album because [bITE] is stuck on replay for me right now...

IMMENSE props for the album art (as well as that trailer design). Seriously, the site design and that album cover is just oooohhhhh gawd, too good.

Now you know: that was such a strong track, my decision was made immediately to use it for the trailer. Then the inspirations started flowing from that and from the album cover, followed by Dave's ideas on playing up the evolution concept big-time. Easily one of my favorite trailer projects.

Now you know: that was such a strong track, my decision was made immediately to use it for the trailer. Then the inspirations started flowing from that and from the album cover, followed by Dave's ideas on playing up the evolution concept big-time. Easily one of my favorite trailer projects.

the whole SCREW DARWIN part makes me laugh every time

seriously, great work, man

And I'll one up you by saying that it is easily one of my favorite OCR trailers of all time, and album art covers/site designs! Like seriously, I've just been re-watching that trailer sporadically every since it's release or just listening to the music while staring at the album cover. Dunno how something so simple could be so mesmerizing.

Great job everybody. Really good stuff here. :)

ha ha haaa, yeah, what Mirby said. ^_^

Edited by Damashii!!

• 5 weeks later...

Oh wow, what a nice surprise. :D This is a great, little album. :) The theme is cute too. I really like it. :3

It plays like an adventure medley: lots of town and wilderness music (travelling! tough! ^-^), a couple harder edged tracks (for fightin'! :u), with the title remix piece working well as an ending credits.

• 1 month later...