Native Instruments KORE Technology

Has anyone checked into this at all? I was surfing through NI's website and this seems to be the next big thing for the company. It looks very interesting, especially the concept of being able to combine multiple vst's into huge single patches. Not sure what kind of processing power you would need to really take advantage of it though

KORE Homepage

Being a sucker for anything NI I will probably buy it. What I like most is the fact that it lets you access and organize presets across numerous devices. NI employs some GREAT preset designers and most of the time I go off edited presets for stuff like Absynth or Reaktor ensembles because of the level of complexity of those synths. Being able to click "Synth" "Lead" "Dark" and get all the dark synth leads is a really cool feature that workstations like the M1 had.

It would be awesome if there was a way to load Kore onto a seperate computer, and pipe the audio to another. You could essentially have all your vsts on one comp, and your DAW's on another. Then just transmit midi to one and audio to the other, and......sigh.....i'm drooling. If only I had the money.

Well, you know, you CAN do that. There is a program out there called "FXTeleport" which is designed to do just that. Basically, it creates a wrapper around all your VST plugins (I'm assuming KORE itself can be run as a VST), which you install on two machines, along with the FXTeleport software. Then, provided the computers are networked (no MIDI/audio cables required) over standard ethernet, you can have one machine running all the plugins while your main machine sequences + edits them. It's pretty wild.

Yeah I've heard other people talking about the potential of ethernet and audio transfer. It's all exciting stuff! And yes, I believe KORE can be loaded as a VST into your DAW,,which is sick! Imagine a combi of Absynth, Kontakt, and any other amount of VST patches loaded as one single sound. MY GOD!