OCR02747 - Sonic CD (JP) "Time Traveller's Delight"

djpretzel

Oh dear LAWD, this is so fantastic - positively phenomenal job on everyone's parts! It's upbeat, oldschool, fun, funky & free, and pretty much everything you could ever want in a Sonic hip hop mega-collab. It's also, sadly, only my first exposure to begoma & The Auracle, who have both got infectious flows on this one! DJP nailed it in the write-up, so I'm just going to use his words: "This track is such a perfectly simultaneous homage to Sonic CD & hip-hop itself that it blows my mind." WORD.

Hey guys!

Do you know how i came up with the name 'OverClocked Assembled'?

Well, i took the name of this website. And then i ripped off the Avengers!

And that's how rap groups are made! :D

Lol, but yeah, it was an absolute pleasure to work on this track and help spearhead what will eventually become one hell of a movement under the OCR roof.

The Assembled is now officially IN THE BUILDING!

Now continue turning it up and getting down, etc etc.

Much love and respect for the support you've shown us all so far!

p.s - we've thrown this tune at Naoto Oshima, the guy who created Sonic CD because we're kinda like ...friends ...with him. yeah~

Yeah, my specific comments are already up in the mixpost, but I cannot stress enough how proud I am of everyone who worked on this track and how humbled I am to have been a part of it. This was truly a great experience working with these guys, plus it was tons of fun! :) Also BIG thanks to Dave, Larry, Stevo, and the whole OCR gang for making this timed-release possible to celebrate 20 years of Sonic CD! You guys are great!

And if you liked what you heard here, I can safely say you'll be hearing MUCH more from 'OverClocked Assembled' here in the future too. There's definitely more where this came from :wink:

Along those same lines, this track is just a taste of all the awesome Sonic CD goodness that we have in store for you on Temporal Duality. It's been an amazing experience working on and directing this project. Each and every artist involved has been so passionate and brought their A-game for the project. I can't wait for everyone to hear the whole release! :)

p.s - we've thrown this tune at Naoto Oshima, the guy who created Sonic CD because we're kinda like ...friends ...with him. yeah~

What do you mean, you've "thrown it at him"?

BTW I am so excited to see this posted in such a timely manner! All the rappers did such a great job with writing and performing their flows, and Sir J and the other contributing musicians did such a great job on the arrangement, and of course the production is freaking SICK. I love the drum production especially. This is so super funky, a great tribute to the original track in soooo many ways :D

It's just my figure of speech, dude :) In other terms, 'we sent him a link to the track so he may listen to it' XD

I'll let you all know if he gets back to us. I know he's been busy lately with a lot but he usually checks in from time to time ^^

That's what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure if you were serious. Awesome!

Whoa.....this is a pretty damn sick hip-hop ReMix! Production is insanely clean, the vocals and lyrics are tight as hell (bonus points for the Y2J line), and it even has the boppin' funk, complete with bass, trumpets and piano that reminds me of my favorite hip-hop songs from way back when. I think I can safely say that Overclocked Assembled didn't just knock this out of the park, they clipped a satellite or two on the way out of orbit. Hope we can turn it up and get down some more later on!

Giving Unknown from MC a run for its money, eh?

I love it. Old school rap at its finest and obviously fits the Sonicverse of music quite well. All of the rappers are great on the mic and the lyrics are well-written. In addition to all the neat little Sonic references in the lyrics, as a wrestling fan that Y2J Break the Walls bit is great! Also, DIGI's British accent adds a certain flair to his part that I don't usually hear in rap music.

I remember when I first heard this in the relevant project forum a few months ago. My mind was completely blown. The song is still as fresh and funky as ever--my only gripe is that the piano solo is very basic and doesn't bring the funk as much as everything else. Still, it's a FANTASTIC track and one certainly worthy of getting down with!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02747 - Sonic CD (JP) "Time Traveller's Delight"