Who is going to Nerdapalooza!!!

creativemindframe

Find meh if you are there!

Or if there is like an OCR meeting place tell me (as long as I'm cool enough to join the secret society)

If not we should set something for people who are going from the forums maybe grab some food or something at a specified location!

I might for Saturday and Sunday.

Send me a picture, I'll find you.

Well, I guess I kinda have to be there, since OverClocked University is playing and whatnot. OA, diotrans, DragonAvenger, Vilecat, Viraldemon, Tom C., and myself will most definitely be in attendance. We'll be running a booth throughout the weekend as well, so I guess any impromptu meetups can be planned when we're there since most people won't know what their schedules are until we're at the freaking thing.

Also you all should really go on Friday. Benjamin Briggs, Mega Ran, and OCU will be playing then and I can assure you there isn't an act that night you'll not regret missing.

tl;dr meet at OCR merch booth if anything, we'll figure it all out then. Rock on.

Well, I guess I kinda have to be there, since OverClocked University is playing and whatnot. OA, diotrans, DragonAvenger, Vilecat, Viraldemon, Tom C., and myself will most definitely be in attendance. We'll be running a booth throughout the weekend as well, so I guess any impromptu meetups can be planned when we're there since most people won't know what their schedules are until we're at the freaking thing.

Also you all should really go on Friday. Benjamin Briggs, Mega Ran, and OCU will be playing then and I can assure you there isn't an act that night you'll not regret missing.

tl;dr meet at OCR merch booth if anything, we'll figure it all out then. Rock on.

Awesome I'll come find you guys at some point - I won't be there until Saturday morning though I work M-F and I had to take Monday and Tuesday off because of the day after show so I didn't want to burn too many vacation days, but I'll definitely come find ya!

Looks like I will be able to make this -- I get home on Friday (at 5:30 AM, after a 15 hour flight from Hawaii), so even if I immediately crash for like 10 hours I'll still be ready for shit on Friday.

I am le excite.

Awesome dude!

I'll be staying at the Avanti Hotel - I'm crashing with DJ Robo Rob, I'll try and check this page a couple of times over the weekend but I hear the hotel is on the same street of the convention which will make it easier for me to make frequent swings over

Didn't see thread about Nerdapalooza 'cause I was too busy preparing for Nerdapalooza :oops:

Regardless...geez what a weekend. A few of us went to Epcot yesterday and caught Boyz II Men too. Sheesh this is going to take awhile to recharge from.

The hard part is remembering who all I met by forum names hahah I wish we had AVI's with our faces on them.

Who all did I run into again? I only remember one forum name off the top of my head but I hung out by the booth and bought myself an OCRemix Shirt!

Yeah, it was a great time. I was completely dead after travelling all Thursday and then spending three days at Nerdapalooza, so I almost left early on Sunday. Glad I didn't; the last act was Powerglove, and they were fucking awesome.

Dude I almost crapped my pants when I heard them start the power rangers song.

The hard part is remembering who all I met by forum names hahah I wish we had AVI's with our faces on them.

Who all did I run into again? I only remember one forum name off the top of my head but I hung out by the booth and bought myself an OCRemix Shirt!

Myself, Level99, Vilecat, and Diotrans for sure at the OCR booth. starla, OA, and DragonAvenger may have been there, I don't remember 100%.

Saw that on reddit. You KILLED it. Excellent work.

Soo now the world knows. hex called me into HQ Sunday morning to let me know the bad news. He told me not to put too much effort into the website because...well the future of the show looked pretty dim. That didn't stop me from building a post-site that the show deserved (largely due to the efforts of Mark, whom did not know the demoralizing news).

That said: The show was great. Easily one of the best concerts I'd been to. The turnout may have been small, but the performances were HUGE: Urizen, TMBG, Green Jelly, Peelandar-Z, Solillaquists of Sound (AMAZING performance)...heck even seeing Shael finally get up there and perform again with Beefy for the first time in forever...just amazing. I particularly appreciated

, which is a largely under represented soundtrack.

A lot of people have had a lot of kind things to say and, honestly...I don't expect hex to take this lying down. He's a passionate guy, and this stuff is his lifeblood. There may never been another Nerdapalooza, or even another show of the scale we had this year, but I'd surprised if this is his last endeavor, and I'm behind him 100% for anything else he has planned.

TO THE FUTURE.

Edited by Ramaniscence

Ooof, that sucks. Well, I'm glad I got to go once, at least. Just tossed them $10 for $3 of fire sale merch, and I wish them all the best for anything they end up doing in the future!

Looks like I'll have to think about travelling to Magfest for my live VGM fix in the foreseeable future... Rama, make sure you let us know if you hear about Hex setting something else up after all of this is sorted out!