OCR02765 - Bionic Commando "Proceed Without Caution"

Liontamer

Very effective take on the theme; hard hitting, groovy, nice wet lush production, and the strength of the excellent original really comes through. I have to echo what djp said in the writeup - it seems, somehow, that the arranger's intimacy with the original game is audible in the arrangement. Good work!

--Eino

• 2 years later...

Now this is an excellent trance track. Almost perfect in its production. I almost wouldn’t even know it’s inspired from a video game, let alone one from Bionic Commando. I would love to dance to this at a rave. And I love that the melody isn’t drowned out by the pulsing beats.

• 3 weeks later...

This track could be slipped into any premier DJ's playlist and not a single person listening would be able to tell it was the product of a videogame remix.[citation needed] The drums are levelled perfectly and don't detract from the melodies (always a pitfall for dance-style tracks), and the military-style snare pattern is inspired. The choice of synths and pads is perfect, I can't find fault anywhere with this mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02765 - Bionic Commando "Proceed Without Caution"