Kingdom Hearts II: Sanctuary and possibly other tracks

Nightlasher

The Kingdom Hearts series is easily my favorite videogame OST of all time, and it's really a shame that there aren't a lot of remixes for it on the site (less than ten).

Anyway, there are a number of tracks (and games) I'd love to see, but here are a few that seem most worthy of remixes:

First and foremost, from Kingdom Hearts II (and performed in subsequent games)

Sanctuary -Opening Version- [known as Passion in the Japanese version]

Initially, I didn't care for it, but the song grew on me, and would make great remix material, with its melancholy tone and rhythm, not to mention the backwards lyrics. I don't have anything against male vocalists, but I think a potential remix would sound better and more like the original if there was female lead singer, and in terms of style, something dark ominous, possibly techno, might work well.

Second, from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Musique pour la tristesse de Xion

One of my favorite themes from the series, Xion's theme is sad and emotional. A "spin-off" song, which played in her final battle, Vector to the Heavens, is also an excellent track (but similar enough that it could be in the same remix). If you, potential remixer, were to make a remix of this track, I'd say go for making it as heart-wrenching as possible. A more serious name, like maybe "Shattered" or something, would go nicely.

Thirdly, from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Xehanort

This is possibly one of the only character themes I come close to disliking! The original track is slow, subtle, ominous and menacing (I suppose since he's mostly a threat looming in the background, initally?), but it almost feels like it doesn't do the series' main villain the justice he deserves. A hardcore, chilling, forever-haunt-your-nightmares-because-you-set-it-as-your-alarm-and-slept-through-it remix could, though. Including some bits of Xemnas' and/or (better yet!) Terra's them would complete it! A name like "A Most Deadly Madman" or similar would finish the effect.

Fourthly from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Another Side -Battle Version-

This song is epic, grand, and one of the best final boss battle themes ever. I leave it to you, potential remixer, to decide what direction to take should it be remixed.

Fifthly, from Kingdom Hearts

Riku

Riku has a theme that reminds me of a storm. That being said, the rendition played in the Kingdom Hearts Piano Collection is even better, being one of (in my opinion) the best tracks in that album. A rocking hardcore remix would be fun.

Sixthly, from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Dismiss

An epic combination of Destati and (not sure, but I think) Rage Awakened, this somewhat lesser known song rocks as the background theme for the battle between Aqua and Terra-Xehanortin Radiant Garden.Don't have any real suggestions for this one, I'd just like to see it made...

(I'm not going to continue with numbering these, just going with it)

Axel is one of my favorite characters from the series, and I was kind of disappointed he didn't have his own theme (though he'll likely be a major character in KH3, so he might get one then). So, a combination of themes to create a fan-made one for him would be fun. The 13th Struggle, The Other Promise (while it is more associated with Roxas, it is played when Axel makes his "promise" so it aught to be included a little bit), and Organization XIII (all three songs from Kingdom Hearts II) would be good sources (the Drammatica rendition of the Organization's multiple themes, The 13th Anthology, also is a good idea). Something both kinda fiery and cold. Little creepiness wouldn't hurt.

More coming soon...

Edited by Nightlasher

• 1 month later...
This is my first attempt at remixing Another Side, Another Story (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days).

https://soundcloud.com/brandon-a-griggs/kingdom-hearts-remix

Tell me what you think, and what I could improve on.

Sounds great! The only thing is it still sounds a lot like the source. If you want a more unique sound, maybe replace the piano with another instrument. Also, maybe some bells in the background (as bells are used frequently in Organization XII-based songs).

If you really want to elaborate, throw in some elements from The Other Promise, but that's not really necessary.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump this topic but I just wrote an original character theme for Axel/Lea. I went for a theme fit for a fiery anithero like Axel. I didn't really use anything from "The 13th Struggle" or "At Dusk I will think of You". 

Some Day I'll make a Xehanort remix but I'll do it my way.