Shonen ReMix Jump! - History

WiFiSunset

Ok guys! Some quick Announcements:

- I'll be lending Cosmic Sounds a hand as Co-director for this album so I'll be lending a hand where it's needed.

-After some discussion we've finalized things and are now in recruitment!!! Please feel free to look at the first page for more info!

- We are also still lacking art for this album so if you'd like to lend a hand or know someone who can all the help we can get there would be greatly appreciated!

I look forward to working with you all and creating a wonderful album!!

Edited by SkyRiderX

Announcement

-DarkeSword will be the Song Evaluator for this album.

-Also, there is no rush for artists to send in or make WIPs, as we are currently in the claiming process (see first post).

-I'll update the first post to include more information that is pertinent to the album :).

Mine, too.

I've updated the first post, and have listed you guys as vocals :D. [Orangedragan, and Xarnax]

And yeah, I'm also free to collab for Vox, Guitars of any description and like... Shamisen/mandolin/ukulele/whatever else I apparently play lol

That is a lot :). Is there a general discription for the other instruments? Can I put you down as a Live Guitarist?

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

That is a lot :). Is there a general discription for the other instruments? Can I put you down as a Live Guitarist?

Well, I play Classical Guitar, Steel String Guitar, Jazz Guitar, Metal Guitar, Contemporary Strumma Strumma Guitar, Bass Guitar... any anything else in between.

I play various Percussion instruments, ukulele, shamisen, ocarina, mandolin, (Perhaps banjo in the near future :razz:) and a teeeeensy bit of Erhu.

I also do programming with nice samples.

Oh, and I do Chippy-tune bits lol.

And my vox are a baritone/bass sort of range. As an example I have vox on the new Sonic CD album...

Well, I play Classical Guitar, Steel String Guitar, Jazz Guitar, Metal Guitar, Contemporary Strumma Strumma Guitar, Bass Guitar... any anything else in between.

I play various Percussion instruments, ukulele, shamisen, ocarina, mandolin, (Perhaps banjo in the near future :razz:) and a teeeeensy bit of Erhu.

I also do programming with nice samples.

Oh, and I do Chippy-tune bits lol.

And my vox are a baritone/bass sort of range. As an example I have vox on the new Sonic CD album...

Alright :), I've got your resources down on the first page as: Male Vocals (Baritone), Live Guitars, & Ethnical Percussion.

Ethnical Percussion is perfect for this album.

Alright :), I've got your resources down on the first page as: Male Vocals (Baritone), Live Guitars, & Ethnical Percussion.

Ethnical Percussion is perfect for this album.

But I also play Ethnic Instruments which aren't percussion... in fact none of the ones I listed were percussion. :/

Also, already started on a mix to send you at some point soon.

I just jumped at the chance to mix my source tune. :P

But I also play Ethnic Instruments which aren't percussion... in fact none of the ones I listed were percussion. :/

Oh man xD, sorry about that. I wasn't feeling well when I read that, and in skimming through it I read shamisen......as shakuhachi XD.

I'll update it to Instruments, as a general description :).

Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, already started on a mix to send you at some point soon. I just jumped at the chance to mix my source tune. :P

Sure, that's absolutly great! :-D

We're actually going to be posting sources soon, so that people ccan pick from games that they haven't played. We're still working that out. Expect an announcement soon.

Oh man xD, sorry about that. I wasn't feeling well when I read that, and in skimming through it I read shamisen......as shakuhachi XD.

Um... Shakuhachi is a wind instrument anyway, but whatevs. I'm just glad that this is a thing.

I hope you're ready to take on a big responsibility with this thing, let me know if you need any co-director style help.

Um... Shakuhachi is a wind instrument anyway, but whatevs. I'm just glad that this is a thing.

I hope you're ready to take on a big responsibility with this thing, let me know if you need any co-director style help.

I fixed it in the first post :).

Yeah, I'm ready to take this thing on.

No DBZ? For shame.

It will be featured in the 2nd Edition. All of this is stated in the first post.

The more support that we have for the album; the faster we will reach that Edition.

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

Announcement

Shonen Highlight: Weekly OST's and Sources

Beginning this Saturday we be posting OST's and/or sources from Shonen Jump Games in the First Post.

-Several games sources will be posted, and every game posted will focus on one Shonen Series.

Preview:

Bleach Highlight: Weekly OST's and

Sources

Bleach Battle Bladers 2:

-Hueco Mundo Desert:

Bleach Heat the Soul 7:

-Main Menu:

-Seireitei:

-Character Select:

Cool project! Subscribed.

Thanks for your interest in the album! :-D.

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

Shonen Highlight Information

-One Piece Sources and OST's will only be up for another day. So check them out while there up on the first page :-D.

-One Piece will be the Highlight once again in a few weeks.

This seems interesting and I'll put all hands on deck, so to speak, once I finish what I gotta do now.

Alright :). Can't wait to hear from you.

Hey, just 2 quick notes:

First, for QC checks, please include a source link with your track links.

Second, Cosmic, I strongly urge you to include Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z in the first edition. DB is one of the most iconic and quintessential Shonen Jump series with arguably the longest history of video games (going all the way back to the NES era). No other series screams Shonen Jump in the same way DB/DBZ does.

Hey, just 2 quick notes:

First, for QC checks, please include a source link with your track links.

I actually did think about this, seriously. I planned to include links to everyones sources by making their sources titles links on the front page.

I have a few other things prepared fot this Saturdays Update as well. :)

Second, Cosmic, I strongly urge you to include Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z in the first edition. DB is one of the most iconic and quintessential Shonen Jump series with arguably the longest history of video games (going all the way back to the NES era). No other series screams Shonen Jump in the same way DB/DBZ does.

This actually provides a solution to a problem that I noticed. Bleach does not have a lot of sources listed for its games on Youtube, so moving it to the 2nd Edition might not be a bad idea. It may allow for more Bleach sources to posted by the time it's gotten to.

I'll discuss the rest of this with you via pm :).

Cosmic, I strongly urge you to include Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z in the first edition. DB is one of the most iconic and quintessential Shonen Jump series with arguably the longest history of video games (going all the way back to the NES era). No other series screams Shonen Jump in the same way DB/DBZ does.

I cannot agree with this any harder right now.

This is pretty much necessary.

Not that I even think the project needs 'Editions'.

Like, I feel like any tracks from Shonen Jump games just all lumped together would be just fine.

Especially considering there's no 'genre' restrictions. :/

/my 2 cents lol

I cannot agree with this any harder right now.

This is pretty much necessary.

I'm working on it xD, and agreed.

Not that I even think the project needs 'Editions'.

Like, I feel like any tracks from Shonen Jump games just all lumped together would be just fine.

I think that the format works in the long run. It's a unifying theme that allows this project to go on for a while, considering that it's inevitable that they will release new Shonen Manga in the future which will eventually have a game made from it :).

Plus the 'Edition' theme is kind of an homage to the Shonen Jump Manga.

Especially considering there's no 'genre' restrictions. :/

/my 2 cents lol

Genre, and Theme, are two completely different things lol.

The theme is Shonen Jump, and the album will be formatted into Editions.

There are no Genre restrictions on the songs that people make.

I'm inclined to agree that one edition will do nicely. I listened to several soundtracks of several Yu-Gi-Oh and One Piece games and there really wasn't anything that leaped out at me. (I couldn't find much for Bleach, and I wasn't sure what was O.G. Naruto and what was Shippuden or whatever.)

Also, these are all comparatively recent mangas. Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho are older and more iconic (especially DBZ). The Rurouni Kenshin games seem to have decent soundtracks (though I'm having trouble finding much).

Really, 1-2 remixes per series is plenty. If there's huge demand, there could be a second album, but start with one and assume it'll be the only one.

The album could open and/or close with a Jump Stars remix.

Incidentally, I did find a playlist for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future. There's some good stuff there. Jotaro's theme seems popular, and I see why. If it remains unclaimed and allowed after I get my SDMRPG WIP in I may claim it myself.

I'll post the Update late tomorrow (Saturday).

First, there is something that I need to say.

The Editions idea is absolute. I'm not changing that now or later. I'm determined to see this Album through, and these Editions (however many there may end up being) for as long as I'll be here. Decades, if life allows for such :). This is my resolve.

What I do need input on, is what games the Future Editions will cover. This is definitely open for discussion. Your support, is what will help get this album through.

Lastly, I do appreciate the growing interest for this album as well. I do have something extra that's prepared for the Album tomorrow.

-Cosmic Sounds

Announcement

The First Post has been updated with this weeks Shonen Highlight.

Dragon ball (Z): Dragon Ball (Z) has also been added to this Edition. Any game from the Dragon Ball and Dragon ball Z series is eligible.

-All Sources and OST's will be organized into a document(s), which will be placed into the first post at a later date.

-Sigs are being made for the Shonen Highlight. Big thanks to Doulifée for doing this :).

-Cosmic Sounds

• Liontamer changed the title to Shonen ReMix Jump! - History
  • djpretzel locked this topic