OCR02994 - *YES* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team 'A Brief Winter Trek'

Palpable

Remixer Name: C-Curt

Game: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (GBA)

Arrangement Name: A Brief Winter Trek

Original Song: Escape Through The Snow

Comments: This is a revisit of a very old remix I did a long time ago. (I didn't remember the original song or game even.) I rebuilt the remix into some trip-hop style electronica arrangement I based off a practice original track I had made. Nothing groundbreaking. Quality control and mastering was done by my friend Dead Robot, (although he gave me the master in a massive 32 bit float wav file, so i had to re-encode) so a thank you to him.

• 5 weeks later...

This is a nice source and a pretty good sound treatment. The arrangement is nice, and there is good variation on the main aspects of the source but at times the production seems almost a little too hardcore, with an overly high RMS.

The sidechained saw pad at the 3:00 section is a little too hyped and is pwning the master compressor. I'd bring it down a touch. It's not a dealbreaker for me personally, but is something to be mindful of in future subs.

Nicely chosen sounds, a creative and personalized arrangement with plenty of source use, and a good source theme.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You could soak for hours in this arrangement, it's so lush. Gobs of compression contributes to that effect, but it's very skillfully used - nothing ever sounds distorted or out-of-sorts. Sound design is especially well done, and there is some well-applied automation going on to create builds, sew together sections, and sustain interest. Excellent debut!

YES