OCR01470 - Wild Arms 2 "Lord Blazer, the Robot Who Chills with Da Peeps"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

favorite remix ever...for now. every second of this song is total sonic interest. i especially love the weird key change at the end.

the original is campy as all hell, haha, and the melody was brought out really well in this one (the high notes of the phrases are like not recognizable to me in the original...).

• 1 year later...

Great, great track. Arguably a bit short. The instrumentation is like a beautiful wash of sound. I love that synth sax arpeggio/composite.. it sounds incredibly good. If you think that it doesn't sound "real", stop listening to it like it should be and listen to it for what it is. If there's an instrument that part emulates, it's a sampler. :) I could well imagine a saxophonist constructing that part live by looping him/herself. Don't think just playing that live straight-ahead would sound nearly as good. The sax leads later on sound good enough for me, although *there* there might be some room for a little improvement.

Very soft, busy, underwater feel in this track. Me likey.

--Eino

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

geez this is a long song title, and it was *even longer*!? OMGZ~~

especially since the song is less than 3 minutes, the track is almost over by the time you are done saying the title. :<

As for the mix itself, it's pretty synthy-sounding, but it is actually pretty rocking, and doesn't really make an attempt to convince us of its realism. I'd say that's the right call, because on it's own, it's pretty charming, with it's start-and-stop sax rhythms and smooth and slinky bassline. It's lite synth-funk for all. Dig it!

• 2 years later...

Nice title. I'm not really a fan of distorted jazz, but this was nice and for my tastes, was the perfect length. I gotta say that I enjoy the later part of this song when everything seemed to pick up a bit and the sax kicked in. It's a good ReMix, and I enjoyed listening to it for it's creativeness. I have a feeling that the more I listen to it, the more it'll grow on me. Nice work.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01470 - Wild Arms 2 "Lord Blazer, the Robot Who Chills with Da Peeps"