Bravely Default: Return of old school Final Fantasy

Started a separate file from my normal play through on Hard Mode. I'm in the middle of Chapter 2. I have yet to gain EXP, JP, or money (from battles) nor have I used any summon friends.

It seems like I can get pretty far just with team comp and exploiting enemy behavior and weaknesses. (And Norende :3)

Time to see how far I can push this.

how have you done that? i'm unsure of how that would be possible.

I can go into that in more detail if anyone wants to know more but the general gist of it is that equipment and item play are critical and so is figuring out the best class setups and commands for ideal defaulting into brave sweeping.

You're talking to the guy who beat SMRPG with a Level 3 Mario, Level 8 Peach, and Level 9 Bowser (I think those were the levels). And of the three, only Bowser survived to the end.

Aaron's talented at low level runs. It's his thing.

I had to double check but yeah those were the levels. I'm also inches from finishing a 100% Level 1 Proud Mode Kingdom Hearts Final Mix run and I'll be streaming that soon.

Edited by Global-Trance

A little taste of this file. This is the results from the boss fight right before I got the thread thing. (Trying to be non-spoilery as possible for people wanting to play. I'm sure most of you can figure out where and when this is.)

bd_thread_victory.jpg

Those are all the starting levels for each character. I can't go any lower than that.

Everyone's dead all the time until I figure out the boss fights. I don't know how much I can keep this up in Bravely Default though because this game can be tricky. It's easy to fall into the mindset that you need hard numbers to back you up because damn the bosses don't hold back.

And no. I'm still trying to figure out phase 2 of that fight. Every 7 hits from the keyblade triggers a hard counter that I am most likely unable to dodge. And I need to use invincibility frames on Strike Raid to avoid Sephiroth's multi-slash attack. Once I get that down I'll still need to learn phase 3 where meteor's start coming down. T___T;

depand what limit you put on that run. Do you allow abilink? because you can't have JP without XP, so right now you're stuck with lvl1 job. that's sound harsh.

Right now I'm stuck with everything off and on Hard Mode. I will ease up on limitations if I really do hit an absolute wall. I'm almost to Chapter 3 but so far so good without any Abilinks or Summon Friends.

*shrug*

I'll update if I ever hit a spot where it's impossible to pass at the current settings.

I hope I didn't kill the thread.

In any case, I have been in chapter 3 for awhile but I think I am almost done with it. I have gotten every asterisk so far as well. No EXP, No JP, No PG, No Abilink, No Summon Friends, Hard Mode still going strong. Chapter 4 lies just ahead.

Edited by Global-Trance

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there! My girlfriend and I just bought a 2DS and she was loving enough to buy me Bravely Default and I'm capable of recruiting friends to help me rebuild the village.

But I have a problem. I'm new to the whole 'friend code' thing, and I'm not even sure how to find my own code or what have you.

I have no internet at home (except the PDAnet I'm using right this second) and I'm completely lost on how to go about this whole process.

If someone would PM me solutions, I'd be most grateful and I'd return the favor by helping you out in the game in whatever way possible.

Added Sir Nuts.

4399-0814-0577

Bought a 3DS for this game and have barely turned it off in the last two weeks. The story-lover in me says "meh" and the completionist screams "YEAH!" Won't be long until everyone has all max-level jobs and I can get around to beating the game...