OCR01472 - Super Double Dragon "No. 5 (Snapdragon)"

djpretzel

I have known ParagonX9 From the first submission he ever posted on Newgrounds.

This remix by far is his most unique submission.

ParagonX9 has some real talent when it comes to composing and remixing.

I hope to see future submissions from him.

- DJ Fadeliss

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this now... around 52 sec, the melody kicked in. I can't remember what the stage was, but I recognize the song well.

The combination of beats, melody, 4/4 and 6/8 (3/4) change-up in the middle, trance, and anything I missed comes together beautifully.

The melody reminds me of the twins fighting with the grace of martial masters, that middle switch a group of ninja surrounding them, and the techno beat they use kick-ass, high speed style to, well, kick ass.

In other words, awesome remix.

Instead of having a long, slow intro, the song is fast-paced from the beginning, and that is always a plus. It has some nice changes, and at 2:25, I was pleased when it got a little slower. And then...OMG, Hardcore! Unfortunately, the hardcore part is rather short, so that was kind of a disappointment. Also, just like someone before posted, in the end, it became a little repetitive imo.

Overall, nice work, and I'd sure as hell like to hear more from you.

Familiar with the original super Double Dragon, and a favourite. Well done, true to the original. The faster pace really does it justice. Ok, now can we have all the others from the Super Double Dragon game remixed or is that too greedy?

Great Remix, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This remix is great.

Nice intro, as you think it would start on the beat (first note), but it isn't, because of the drums coming in.

1.50 Really amazing change into 6/8. Not only that, but the bass + drums makes it sound terrific.

Overall, definitely need this on your playlist, even if you don't know the song.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

fantastic! One thing though.. why did you leave out that chorus thingy. I dont know how else to explain what I mean. If you would chop the original song in parts there would be 3 parts.. you only used the 1st 2. Didnt the 3rd fit in? For me that was the climax of the song..

GOOD JOB, LUV THAT SONG!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01472 - Super Double Dragon "No. 5 (Snapdragon)"
  • 5 months later...

Absolutely kickass old-school techno right here! Really love how varied this piece is - it never has some crazy transitions, it's never all over the place, but it always keeps your attention - there're a couple of trancey bits, some swing-like stuff, and, of course, a totally banging hardcore section right in the middle. The airy leads at 1:15 and 3:34 are just so fantastic - I'm huge fan of such bleds of energetic electronica with some mellower instrumentation. Nothing not to enjoy here :)