OCR02843 - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door 'Black Onslaught'

djpretzel

Okay, first off, love those laughs you added in, cause that sealed it for me on this Shadow Queen mix. Pretty cool that you were able to also use parts of Otherworld to add to the overall metal attack of the song. Echoing DJP, I'd love to know what the voices are saying, but all in all, awesome debut mixpost.

This is an awesome remix, thank you so much for posting this. Paper Mario 2 stands among my top five favorite games as a matter of fact. I'm really glad to see such a solid justice being done to its beautiful soundtrack. Great song choice too. I'm in agreement-- The final boss theme to this game is most certainly one of, if not the darkest Mario theme around. Lots of clever atmospheric tricks and spooky chord progressions haunt the original. This progressive metal/rock approach is a very clever take on the source, by extension.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Despite all the sources being from different games and just being different, this mix sounds quite cohesive and flows very nicely. The guitar tone is pretty cool, and some ambient sounds thrown in here and there are nice touches as well. The evil laughter is great addition too! All in all, this is a really strong debut :)