OCR01474 - Jurassic Park (GEN) "Concerto for Velociraptor"

I have to admit that I jumped the gun on this mix a little. I saw it was from some game I've never played and then read the title: "Concerto something or another...meh." And just wrote it off. Then I finally listened to it, and I think I did myself a favor. This isn't the most intense or exciting peice for sure, but I do like the arrangment, and I love the sax.

I'd really think of this as more ambient or background music than a concerto piece. I say this because aside from the very beginning the music never really reaches out and grabs you ,but regardless; it sounds nice . The whole velociraptor call thing at the beginning is pretty clever, too!

Wow! Koelsch1 made it to OCR! This is interesting news! Alot of VGMixers, both once horrible moving to the big-tops, and top 20 remixers have been on here in the last couple a years! Who will be next? BlackPerson? Gwylim? Reece Riley The Terminator? Oh man! I'm keeping my eye on this site more often!

Anyway, let me review the mix. This is some very interesting orchestral ambience. It should have been featured in the movie but it was definately worth a listen. The tuba, strings and violas, although not excellent in sample quality, but which that accompany the sax, are excellent sequenced followers and players (as they play off certain lead parts) of the star, the saxophone. We need more mixes like this. Good job, Koelsch!

8/10

• 2 weeks later...

I'm diggin' the sax. To me, the whole piece has kind of a movie-score-ish feel to it. Especially starting from 1:30, this sounds like a film-noir/late 80's Cyberpunk Anime soundtrack. And props for the "velociraptor" sounds.

Overall, a very nice piece that caught my attention immediately after the first time listening to it.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01474 - Jurassic Park (GEN) "Concerto for Velociraptor"