OCR02861 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Generations'

djpretzel

I love everything about this. It maintains the haunting feel of both the original track and the first mix, but this version really has a personality of its own. I keep loving Jillian's style more and more. Those background vocals will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Oh, dear lord, Jill's voice has always been great, but man this is by far my favorite piece of her vocal work that I've heard so far. I think it might be the tribal and airy style of the vocals that Strader pointed out that I enjoyed so much. Hypnotic in an absolutely beautiful way, and I'd be in error if I didn't say how great the actual music that XPRTNovice, zircon and DrumUltima turned out together in this one was. A+ collab here, you guys nailed it.

Edited by Crulex

As always, Jill delivers awesome vocals to an impressive ReMix. Zircon and the other ReMixers did a fantastic job producing this masterpiece. I honestly didn't care for the source all that much (even though I love most of the music in OoT), but I couldn't resist giving this a listen. I love this piece, a lot, and have added it to my OCReMix collection.

I give this ReMix a perfect 10/10!

I love this source, her voice and the remix. Only thing is, I like them separate and I can't put my finger on why. I've listened to hundreds of remixes on here and this is one of the only ones I've like that I've ALSO thought was too much going on at once. Now, I don't mean its too complex mechanically. I mean these elements scream to be released to thrive on their own. I feel like the source and the remix together form a tight bond and would sound amazing separated from the lyrics and that her vocals can stand alone just as well.

I have to say though, this is amazing and thanks for making it for us fans!!

• 2 months later...

Wow. I'm in awe. I, too, had an instant love for this track when I first heard it. The dungeon levels always stressed me out, but the Forest Temple was totally chill and fun for me if for no other reason than this music was playing throughout the stage.

Wonderful interpretation of it! I'd like to see more remixes in this folk-y style, but I'll take what I can get.

I almost missed this remix in the flood of recent posts, but thank friggin' god I scrolled back a month or so because... wow. This is also the first track I've commented on in a LONG time, so I had to remember my login password, lol, shoot. WORTH IT!