Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History

Black_Doom

I think this could be awesome, if executed correctly. As suggested before, about three tracks per game would suffice. Also, if possible, I think it would be cool to give every era it's own disc. This would potentially mean three or four CD's, but I think that will surely tie everything together. Finding mixers for that, well, that's an entirely different matter... I'm no mixer, but I'm willing to offer any help you need :)

While I would LOVE to give each era its own disc, the issue with such a large project is logistics. The more tracks that you add to an album, the more you have to account for. 2 CD albums are already difficult and expensive to produce. 3 or 4 is a nightmare for project managers...

Then again, this is Sonic we're talking about, so it all depends on how much you guys spread the word about this project and how quickly you submit tracks!

Even if you aren't good with mixing, how are you with art? Do you have any expertise instrument-wise? Anyone and everyone can chip in!

On a side note, I'm going to try and make this project a signature. That should raise awareness and help create buzz.

My artwork is pretty OK; perhaps we can work together on a sig :) And yes, giving each era a disc is a lot of work. Then again, we have two years. With some careful planning it could work...

No help from my side with instruments, though...

Ehm... A simple copy-paste won't work on The Interwebz. Especially since OCR (or mostly any other forum, for that matter) won't allow for on-server saving of sig images. Can you post a

for it instead? Or, alternatively, perhaps a server where we can host that image on? Could come in handy for the posting of WIPs etc. as well 

Ah, there's where the SNAFU happened. Thanks Mirby!

[EDIT] By the by, I was just compiling a list with all Sonic games and which generation they come from, and came to the conclusion that a 4 or more CD project isn't so far-fetched; The Sonic CD project had four as well, with 43 tracks in all...

Edited by BorgMan

Ah, there's where the SNAFU happened. Thanks Mirby!

[EDIT] By the by, I was just compiling a list with all Sonic games and which generation they come from, and came to the conclusion that a 4 or more CD project isn't so far-fetched; The Sonic CD project had four as well, with 43 tracks in all...

If we can get enough talented artists, then let's do it!

Also, I'll be sending out PMs to those who have expressed interest this week. We need to start working now if we want this to be a success.

I might be interested in this. Gotta check with the wife; also, I'd want to finish some other tracks before I jump into this project.
I suppose I can jump in on this, but not sure what track I would pick.

Thanks for showing interest! I'll get in contact with you (and others) by next week.

How about barring remixes from any game that already has an album? Then maybe someone will finally remix Sonic Drift 2.

Such a rule would practically eliminate the first 3 games (S3 and K are 1 game in my book), which are almost critical to an album such as this.

Instead, we'll do what we can to have remixers choose from other sonic games in the catalogue. I'll also reach out to those who expressed interest by suggesting themes from under-remixed games. Such nudging may yield positive results.

Agreed. But I think that will all be decided when we figure out how to build-up the album :)

Thinking about it, another way to go could be 2D - 3D - Racing & Arcade. That would yield fewer CD's than a Generation per disc and thus minimizing the scope? On the other hand, I don't know if this would do Sonic justice...

I'd like to do a track, but two years is a long time. If I make a track, I'd want to jump on as late as possible to ensure that I'm putting everything I can into making it the best I can, instead of making one now and regretting it two years down the road when I'm capable of so much more.

I'll be keeping an eye out though.

I'd like to do a track, but two years is a long time. If I make a track, I'd want to jump on as late as possible to ensure that I'm putting everything I can into making it the best I can, instead of making one now and regretting it two years down the road when I'm capable of so much more.

I'll be keeping an eye out though.

The problem is that the track(s) you want to claim may be already claimed by that time.

Speaking about undercovered games with great soundtrack, I'd like to see more ReMixes from Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic Colors.

Edited by Black_Doom

• Liontamer changed the title to Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic