Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History

Black_Doom

begoma, if you need a vocalist, I'd like to help you out if I can. You can take a look at my soundcloud (I have a Zelda mix with vocals) or my Youtube channel to see if I'm a good fit for you. Or if you want me to send you recordings, that works too. PM me and let me know.

That sounds great. I will be in contact VERY soon!

Just a friendly reminder that we are accepting artwork and other forms of support for this album. If you're interested, PM me or Black_Doom and we'll help you in any way we can!

Also, any Sonic Colors love out there?

That's going to be tough. By the by, if possible, including 'silver' might be a cool idea, this being his silver anniversary and all ;) But I'll sit down after the weekend and see what I can come up with!

I'd be careful with that, there's a lot of people that absolutely hate Silver hahaha

nobody wants a 10th Anniversary of Sonic '06

I wish you the very best of luck on your project. Don’t make the same mistake like I have with my recently cancelled SEGA Saturn 20th Anniversary Album. I do hope someone ReMixes Green Hill Zone. It just wouldn’t be an anniversary album without it.

As for ideas for the title of this project, I have one that might work.

Sonic the Hedgehog: 25 Years and Still Running.

What do think?

I wish you the very best of luck on your project. Don’t make the same mistake like I have with my recently cancelled SEGA Saturn 20th Anniversary Album. I do hope someone ReMixes Green Hill Zone. It just wouldn’t be an anniversary album without it.

What do think?

Thanks! As for mistakes, I have a loooot of time. And the title is nice.

What do think?

Thanks! As for mistakes, I have a loooot of time to think about details. Speaking about iconic themes, I'd like to have a couple of such tracks. And your idea about title is nice

Feel like it's too long.

We don't need to worry about that quite yet either.

Let's just get onto what the music will be.

I mean you could figure out the title now but I would think maybe wait until you've got some music and then feel it out, if that makes any sense

Um... I expect music to be different. So, this idea just won't work here

Um... I expect music to be different. So, this idea just won't work here

I don't mean "let's talk about how the music will be" if I caused confusion. I simply meant "let's get on to music." I was simply saying let's worry more about remixers and eventually the WIP's they send in (at some point hahaha).

But I'm saying artwork should probably be the lowest of your priorities and then the title isn't super duper important right now either. The most important factor is getting remixers right now and then beginning the deadlines for WIP's. :)

But I'm saying artwork should probably be the lowest of your priorities and then the title isn't super duper important right now either. The most important factor is getting remixers right now and then beginning the deadlines for WIP's. :)

I don't entirely agree. If at least some artwork can be considered "done", it means stuff can be made for people who are willing to show off that they're in the process of making remixes. I saw this at the Sonic Remix Compo and I'm pretty enamored by it. This also means that the visibility of the project will go up, attracting more people willing to remix, and so on.

I don't know how this work here on OCR, but is there a way we can get a hidden thread or something? That way I can work my magic and make some artwork for everyone to use and for the directors to have a way of discussing stuff (like how the album is built-up).

Oh, and Black_doom: I was thinking, perhaps we can have an extra disc with music already available on the site? Not everyone knows those tracks or is even aware that it's made. From a marketing perspective, this also means that I might be able to fix a way in which people can be linked towards that content, again making sure that more people will be able to listen to this album and to give some TLC to those remixers that have come before. They shaped Sonic's music history as much as we're hoping to do now, right? [/marketingmode] ;)

I suppose I'd like to join, but it depends on the tracks still available. I only played S3 and Knuckles and Sonic Colours, so if possible I'd like to remix tracks from that game. But if that is a possibility then you can count me in.

Check out the first post, for now that's a list with claimed tracks so I guess your picks would be OK :)

For those looking to participate in the album, here's a list of main series games (ie not handheld or spin-offs) that have yet to be claimed:

(technically they're two games on OCR)

(CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE!?!?!?!)

*shudders*

(crap game, great music)

($5 to whoever does any track BUT "Seven Rings in Hand")

Sonic and the Black Knight

(no "u" in colors cause 'merica)

Sonic Gener...oh wait! Nevermind. :P

(note: this project will not accept the Zelda or Yoshi songs)

• Liontamer changed the title to Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic