Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History

Black_Doom

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I was asked by BorgMan to contribute in this Remix album.

Let me first introduce myself, it is my firs post after all;

Name's 'JemenJ' and there's a great change that you've seen/heard my Sonic Dance Remixes on Youtube. I've been Remixing Sonic many years and my tunes have gotten quite popular over the years :)

I think my very first remix of Ice Cap, from 2007, is the Youtubes most viewed Remix of that song ;)

When I'm not remixing or playing Sonic I'm a semipro producer/musician here in Finland. I've been on several bands and played live gig's here in Finland. I'll do composing,mixing and mastering for small productions and game projects. Right now I'm focusing with my latest project to a music competition... first price: represent Finland in Eurovision Song Contest 2015. We are not going to win but it is nice too see how far our wings carry us...

Back to this Remix album.

I've got a couple of questions:

1. What's the naming policy? Will my remix be called/named an "OC Remix"?

1.1 Will the author of the remix seen in the Remix name? like: Sonic the Hedgehod - Green Hill Zone (OC Remix) by JemenJ or something?

2. Will there be any restrictions; example: Can I upload it to my Youtube Channel and so on.

3. Is this album to be sold in any ways?

Something else I should know about? Deadline? :-P

That's about it folks. Happy to be here!

So should I " Claim" a song then eh? :)

I'll go with 'Sonic 3 - Hydro city Act 2'

Cool that you registered man! Sounds like a busy schedule yeah :)

Onto your questions:

1: As you can see here (and let's use it as an example), you get to name your own track. It will contain an OCRemix ID number if it gets uploaded to YouTube as part of the mixpost flood to promote the album, and as such will receive an OCRemix ID number. This will only happen if the project coordinators select your track as one to be posted in the mixpost flood. Per example, this Tetris mix has the following name in the album directory (which shows up when people download the complete albem per torrent or direct from the site):

15 Crimea River (Tetris - A-Type) [sir_NutS]

But the following name from the loose download page:

Tetris_Crimea_River_OC_ReMix

1.1: As per the example, your name will be present both in the filename as well as in the MP3 tag if downloaded as album, but not when you are part of the mixpost flood. It will be present in the "Contributing Artist" field, though. One way or another, when someone plays the track, they'll know it was you who made the track!

2: As far as my knowledge of OCR posting goes, this is no problem at all. I've seen enough people do it, with or without an OCR video attached to it :)

3: This album will not be sold; it's a free-to-download album. There are several albums available on OCR that are commercial releases, but this (as far as I know) won't be one of them.

We're planning on releasing the album on the 23rd of June, 2016. In the meantime there will be deadlines to see how everyone is progressing with their tracks. If someone is lagging behind too much, this could mean that someone else, if available, will remix the track instead.

So there's that! Hope I answered your questions to your liking :)

So, first time post, long time lurker and listener. I've been wanting to work on a Hydrocity Zone 1 from Sonic 3 remix for a long time, and this project seems like a good opportunity. I didn't see that track listed on the claimed list on the first page, is it open?

I was hoping to work with a synthpunk sound of the song, but I'm just a guitarist, and not a very good producer or maker of electronic sounds and things. As a result, I think my only option is to look for someone to collaborate with me. What's the best place to look for someone?

So, first time post, long time lurker and listener. I've been wanting to work on a Hydrocity Zone 1 from Sonic 3 remix for a long time, and this project seems like a good opportunity. I didn't see that track listed on the claimed list on the first page, is it open?

I was hoping to work with a synthpunk sound of the song, but I'm just a guitarist, and not a very good producer or maker of electronic sounds and things. As a result, I think my only option is to look for someone to collaborate with me. What's the best place to look for someone?

Anything's open. Black Doom is pretty up just having anyone claim any track they want so long as there's an agreement on it, I think.

Cool that you registered man! Sounds like a busy schedule yeah :)

Onto your questions:

1: As you can see here (and let's use it as an example), you get to name your own track. It will contain an OCRemix ID number if it gets uploaded to YouTube as part of the mixpost flood to promote the album, and as such will receive an OCRemix ID number. This will only happen if the project coordinators select your track as one to be posted in the mixpost flood. Per example, this Tetris mix has the following name in the album directory (which shows up when people download the complete albem per torrent or direct from the site):

15 Crimea River (Tetris - A-Type) [sir_NutS]

But the following name from the loose download page:

Tetris_Crimea_River_OC_ReMix

1.1: As per the example, your name will be present both in the filename as well as in the MP3 tag if downloaded as album, but not when you are part of the mixpost flood. It will be present in the "Contributing Artist" field, though. One way or another, when someone plays the track, they'll know it was you who made the track!

2: As far as my knowledge of OCR posting goes, this is no problem at all. I've seen enough people do it, with or without an OCR video attached to it :)

3: This album will not be sold; it's a free-to-download album. There are several albums available on OCR that are commercial releases, but this (as far as I know) won't be one of them.

We're planning on releasing the album on the 23rd of June, 2016. In the meantime there will be deadlines to see how everyone is progressing with their tracks. If someone is lagging behind too much, this could mean that someone else, if available, will remix the track instead.

So there's that! Hope I answered your questions to your liking :)

Thanks for the answers!

So basically when the time comes I can promote this album on my Youtube channel with my Remix. :)

Release in 2016 :D thats a looong wait :)

I think I'll unclaim that Hydro City Act 2, I'll need to upload more content to my channel and I've already started working on that track so that will be my next upload...

I'm still Remixing for this album but I think I'll check back when the "claiming deadline" arrives (if there is any)?

There is no claiming deadline, but the sooner you have a track you badly want, the better, before someone else takes off with it ;) It seems that interest is growing steadily so it might be wise to flip through the Sonic library and pick a track you want; gone is gone ;)

Hey evktalo, that's a great idea! The Master System is pretty underrated, if you ask me. Here's to hoping someone will remix the Jungle theme :) I was glad, though, that MS Scrap Brain got some love through the Remix Compo, but still not enough hahahaha!

Edited by BorgMan

Anything's open. Black Doom is pretty up just having anyone claim any track they want so long as there's an agreement on it, I think.

Actually, I ask some stuff to listen to if I haven't heard anything from you before :P But as soon as we will meet any deadline, I may pull off something... BTW, I think, this album is even more newbie - ish than Temporal Duality :D

I could just as well claim Master System Sonic 1 including Green Hill Zone & Bridge Zone, if those are available. I have that arrangement idea and I always need extra motivation..

Are they your final picks?

Edited by Black_Doom

I mean that we will discover even more artists that we haven't heard about before. Through, I may be wrong. At least I haven't heard about several guys. And I'm really glad that this project is gathering new faces.

So am I. This will propel a whole new generation of remixers forward... If they deliver quality work, ofcourse :wink:

I mean that we will discover even more artists that we haven't heard about before. Through, I may be wrong. At least I haven't heard about several guys. And I'm really glad that this project is gathering new faces.

Understandable. There were quite a few new faces on the Temporal Duality album, including myself hahaha

I had been on OverClocked ReMix for 3 years prior to the release of that project but that was the first legit thing that my name was slapped on. Hahaha

• 3 weeks later...

Yo! How's it goin' everybody?

Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this project.

Anyways, I'm not entirely sure on what song to remix, but for now, I would like to claim Sky High Zone from Sonic 2 (Master System/Game Gear version).

I've just had a thought: Sonic Generations can be claimed, but only one track is available from this game - Final Boss/Time Eater. I haven't heard that this is a ReMix of certain track. Also music from cutscenes is original, but it's hard to ReMix.

I would suggest completely wiping cutscenes out of the picture. lol

• Liontamer changed the title to Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic