Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History

Black_Doom

11 minutes ago, jnWake said:

Nice! Any plans for a finish date? There's a track I haven't even begun yet (woops).

Yes! Me and Black_Doom have been discussing this topic and we definitely want to get the album released this year, preferably with all the claimed tracks. We have 2 check-in deadlines and a final final final deadline that we have to meet if we are to release this year. Here they are:

• July 31st - first check-in deadline
  • September 18th - second check-in deadline
  • October 30th - final deadline, finished track ready

Expect to be reminded by me or BD around these deadlines, and make sure to let us know of progress and/or issues ;)

Here's the first reminder: @GaMeBoX @evktalo @zykO @Audiocolor @Chernabogue @WillRock @DusK @wildfire @Lucasonic @Tuberz McGee @generaloffensive @Bowlerhat @jnWake, your first update is due July 31st. If you can send your updates to both me and Black_Doom that'd be much appreciated :)

Just to let you guys know that Black_Doom will have limited internet access in the period ahead and won't be as active in this topic for a while. So I guess you'll have to make do with me in the meanwhile :)

So in your conversations about the album (e.g. you have a WIP or track to share), be sure to include both me and Black_Doom in your pm, so we can keep the ball rolling. Thanks!

And as for other project updates, HeavenWraith just sent in the final mastered version of his track! This also brings me to the following: if you have finished your track for the album or are about to finish it, please sign the OCR consent form so we can include it in the album. The consent form can be found here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFNlTmlYYUJtUVNNd2hpSWxXa19Ra0E6MQ

8 minutes ago, Chernabogue said:

Man, I have too much stuff going on right now and haven't started yet my track. I'm sorry, but I think I'll step down this time.

That'd be a shame... but maybe we can take this opportunity to try and collab on this orchestra/cinematic thing you commented on once? ;) I like the source track you picked. I'm also a bit backlogged atm but expect to have more time after July. Hit me up if interested, and if not maybe just wait till the July deadline before you drop your claim?

1 hour ago, Jorito said:

That'd be a shame... but maybe we can take this opportunity to try and collab on this orchestra/cinematic thing you commented on once? ;) I like the source track you picked. I'm also a bit backlogged atm but expect to have more time after July. Hit me up if interested, and if not maybe just wait till the July deadline before you drop your claim?

I'll see how it goes, but as of now, I must reduce my OCR workload. Maybe we could indeed collab, but yeah, don't expect anything before mid-July at least.

Yo guys. I can't make the musics very good yet, but if I can help at all with this album, drop me a line. Obviously we'll cover it on the podcast when the time comes, but my unshakable enthusiasm for Sonic the Hedgehog music demands that I volunteer. If anyone needs feedback or help organizing stuff or what have you, I'm game! And definitely give me a shout before this thing goes live so we can plan for it on the show, hopefully along with an interview. :)

- Stephen

I'd be happy to take S3 credits, but it wouldn't be orchestral (which I believe is what @Black_Doom was hoping for). What I'm envisioning would be "uplifting" or "epic" trance, like this: Armin van Buuren - Love You More feat. Racoon or maybe more like this: Conjure One - Extraordinary Way (Antillas Club Remix) My track wouldn't have any vocals though, and my buildups/breakdowns wouldn't be *quite* so long, lol (I wouldn't be going for the full "club"/"DJ" experience here, although I may make a separate "club edit" similar to what was done with Super Cartography Bros). It'd probably have more elements of progressive trance, as well (along the lines of Above & Beyond's most recent "artist" album, We Are All We Need).

• 3 weeks later...

So the first check in date is coming up in 8 days, next Sunday, July 31st. We've heard from a few people but no updates from @GaMeBoX, @zykO, @WillRock, @DusK, @wildfire, @Lucasonic, @generaloffensive, @Bowlerhat and @jnWake so far, so I guess this reminder is mostly for them :)

If you have a WIP, want feedback or need any other kind of help, make sure to let me and Black_Doom know. Thanks and good luck!

• Liontamer changed the title to Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic