Sky Garden (Mario Kart)

• 2 weeks later...

There are some really weird emphases throughout the whole remix, especially on the euphoniums (I think that's what they are, I'm not sure though.) For example in the very beginning on the sixth note on the melody (the f). It's accented louder than the rest of the notes in the melody even though it's in the middle of the musical sentence. I don't know if it's on purpose, but it happens a few times in the remix, but quite consistently.

The trumpets are pretty highpitched. They don't have any body, and sound muted. That is fine when it's used for the trumpetsignals, but especially at the later half of the remix it could be a little more wah-ish. Like the trombones. Right now they don't have a backbone, which is a loss when they are used in the mainmelody.

There's a very pretty, floating ambience at the chorus. It's really cool, but when you repeat it a second time for the climax it's actually a little too pretty. It's only a little bit more epic than the first time. You could at more percussion, and you should definitely make the current percussion more apparent. For example the snare.

But I still really liked it. Great job! I was thinking of covering this song myself as well, but I don't think that is necessary anymore.

• 3 weeks later...