Blue Flames (MMX2 - Flame Stag)

Yami

I think you've got a good concept here. I like the drums and synth lead you used, and I agree with the other posters that there's potential for an 80's style piece here. For me, I think your mixing is a bit flat though. I can see a pretty great soundscape being here, but right now, it seems too simplistic. The arrangement is also a bit too basic. Except for the intro and outro, everything is at more or less the same intensity level. It might help to try experimenting with solos or bridge sections.

Thanks for the feedback

For me, the soundscape sounds basic/vanilla. I don't hear much expression-controller action going on.

Yeah, I mostly do automation work at a later stage (except when I need it earlier, for listening reasons)

@jordan: Yeah, the arrangement. That's the thing I always have problems with, somehow I'm blocked when I want to write more parts, somehow I never get something I'm satisfied with. I often get to the point where I get a serious writer's block