PRC271 - Deadline Friday - Porky Pig is Not Your Mother (Mother 3)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 271

PRCv11-11

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round was a very qualitive round. Five songs were submitted from four remixers. Gercr did a great job, got a first place vote, but still ended with the wooden spoon. Trism was not far off, Evktalo tried to beat OneUp as well, but OneUp claimed the win.

I've chosen a source from the GBA game Mother 3, Porkey Bots theme. I'm not familiar with the game, but this is a great tune which give me a kind of ABBA feeling. I'm excited to see what you can do with it!

http://mother3midi.webege.com/Mother%203%20-%20Pokey%20Bots.mid

PRC271.jpg

Source: Mother 3 (GBA) - Porky Bots Theme

MIDI or check the Vgmusic link in the quote above

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page a ThaSauce account is required.

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce. My signature is still death (I'm not sure if it ever will get back), but since you can still click on it to get to the ThaSauce page, I'll leave it intact.

To register and submit, do the following.

1. Click the Thasauce link mentioned above
  2. Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  3. Click on 'register' (at the bottom)
  4. Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  5. Continue the process by filling in your information.
  6. A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.
  7. Login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by Friday May 30th 2014 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (19:00 GMT): check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Extended with two days.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC272.
  7. The winner of PRC270, OneUp, cannot take part in this round, however he is free to submit a Bonus Mix.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

I still can't activate my ThaSauce account. I sign in and get the message that my account hasn't been activated. I didn't get the activation email (checked my spam), despite having had the email resent a few times. I use Gmail, not sure if that makes a difference.

I still can't activate my ThaSauce account. I sign in and get the message that my account hasn't been activated. I didn't get the activation email (checked my spam), despite having had the email resent a few times. I use Gmail, not sure if that makes a difference.

If you want to submit a song you can upload it somewhere else and post the link here. Make sure to have a download link to enable me to get the song at ThaSauce.

Hi, me again

I uploaded the song to the Sauce, just as required, less than 20 mb, .wav - 44.1 and 16 bits

but, for some reason it doesn't sound.

If anyone can tell me what i did wrong it will be great.

thanks

Edited by gercr

Hi, me again

I uploaded the song to the Sauce, just as required, less than 20 mb, .wav - 44.1 and 16 bits

but, for some reason it doesn't sound.

If anyone can tell me what i did wrong it will be great.

thanks

I got a 21MB mp3 that doesn't play. Are you able to play it before uploading it?

Gercr, I think the problem is not the size, but the fact that it is a .WAV file instead of a .MP3 file. In MP3, the size is only 2.71 MB.

I will upload the song to ThaSauce.

If you're looking for a WAV to MP3 converter, I suggest to use DBPowerAmp.

EDIT: Song is uploaded. Thanks!

Edited by Bundeslang

Here's my entry: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovx6ilx7bcpd47r/Cash%20-%20Porky%20Bits%20%28Mother%203%29.mp3. Couldn't get Tha Sauce to work. Also, I'm not sure if I followed the correct naming conventions for my track.

I can't open the file and ThaSauce does not recognize it as an MP3. Can you play the song yourself?

Could you try to reupload it to that Dropbox page, maybe that works.

I've extended the deadline a bit.

Voting starts as soon as possible, I want to give Cash some time to get the song uploaded correctly (on ThaSauce, or somewhere else).

Edited by Bundeslang

Too bad, PRC and MnP fell on the same day, it's possible that's why there are nearly no entries (at least it was a reason for me only doing one).

I try to avoid it, PRC runs a similar schedule in which the deadline is always at Monday (once in two weeks). Since in the last couple of rounds several extensions are needed for both PRC and MnP, they overlap sometimes.

I can't open the file and ThaSauce does not recognize it as an MP3. Can you play the song yourself?

Could you try to reupload it to that Dropbox page, maybe that works.

I've extended the deadline a bit.

It works on my end. I'm not sure what went wrong. I re-uploaded to Dropbox. If this doesn't work, I'll put it on Soundcloud.