Latest Site Changes (Issue Reporting & Feedback Appreciated)

djpretzel

The game images accompanying the remixes on the homepage, right, changes when you hover over the link from low-res to... a bit less low-res. Is that on purpose? If this is to block copy-leechers, one might want to think about toning down the colors a bit when un-hovered instead of the resolution. IMHO, it looks awkward :/

Interesting, that. It's actually just an opacity change - normal state is opacity at like 90%, hover is 100%. However, something about browser rendering engines - Firefox, at least - seems to do some sort of resampling/resolution tweak when adjusting opacity. I just checked, and Chrome doesn't do this for me - just Firefox. Are you using Firefox? Can you confirm that it occurs in one browser and not the other?

Interesting, that. It's actually just an opacity change - normal state is opacity at like 90%, hover is 100%. However, something about browser rendering engines - Firefox, at least - seems to do some sort of resampling/resolution tweak when adjusting opacity. I just checked, and Chrome doesn't do this for me - just Firefox. Are you using Firefox? Can you confirm that it occurs in one browser and not the other?

It happens to me on Firefox. On Chrome it doesn't happen.

I am by no means a graphic designer/artist, but I think the font could try to be a little more OCR style. What it is right now seems not dysfunctional on its own, it just doesn't feel very "OCR" to me.

OCR%20fav.bmp

This is my really poor mockup of a direction I could see fitting better, the letters more match the font of the titlebar.

I'm not sure if you guys are set on the new favicon or not, but there's my 2 cents.

I always thought the caveman-style typeface had little to do with the identity of OCR. Especially with so much electronic music coming from the site, something more non-decorational sans serif and sleek (digital) reminds me more of video games. I think the site's overall design is years overdue for a visual update.

Confirmed, it's a Firefox thing. That means I'll just shut up :tomatoface:

Long time listener, maybe first time poster.

I don't know if this is a known issue, but I'm on a computer running OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) using Chrome and Firefox ESR.

Whenever I cmd+click (equivalent to ctrl+click on Windows) a link on the "Latest Remixes" tab, it opens a new tab (what it's supposed to do) and the current tab follows the link as well (what it shouldn't be doing). The other links I've tried on the site seem to work as expected.

I always thought the caveman-style typeface had little to do with the identity of OCR. Especially with so much electronic music coming from the site, something more non-decorational sans serif and sleek (digital) reminds me more of video games. I think the site's overall design is years overdue for a visual update.

I dunno, the Arkanoid title screen font seems pretty videogamey to me.

Long time listener, maybe first time poster.

I don't know if this is a known issue, but I'm on a computer running OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) using Chrome and Firefox ESR.

Whenever I cmd+click (equivalent to ctrl+click on Windows) a link on the "Latest Remixes" tab, it opens a new tab (what it's supposed to do) and the current tab follows the link as well (what it shouldn't be doing). The other links I've tried on the site seem to work as expected.

Confimed (Win7 x64 running Chrome 35.0.1916.114 m). What's interesting is that if you ctrl(cmd)-click on the game title to open the game's page in the new tab, the remix page will load in the original tab. One CTRL+Click opens two pages, the mixpost page (parent tab), and the game info page (new tab).

EDIT: I think the problem here may be due to this little bugger right 'ere:

6. ReMix listing sidebars are now clickable ANYWHERE - if you don't click an explicit link, it'll go to the mix, but if you click game or artist, those links still function

The main page is receiving a click, activating the clickable anywhere function, while the browser is still doing the standard CTRL+Click operation for any link you click in the listing, whether it's the remix link, or the game or artist link.

Edited by Anorax

Confimed (Win7 x64 running Chrome 35.0.1916.114 m). What's interesting is that if you ctrl(cmd)-click on the game title to open the game's page in the new tab, the remix page will load in the original tab. One CTRL+Click opens two pages, the mixpost page (parent tab), and the game info page (new tab).
Replicated in Chrome for Ubuntu, but not in Firefox, using middle-click instead. The reason is because clicking on a "mixbox" causes the target page to be loaded, so if you click on an a href inside a mixbox, the event is triggered in addition to the link being followed. For some reason, in Chrome, the "click" javascript event is triggered on a middle-click, but in Firefox it is not.

Edit: Ah, Anorax ninja'ed my research.

Also, while trying to hunt this down, I found an "Uncaught ReferenceError: showMascot is not defined."

Edited by MindWanderer

• 5 months later...