OCR02896 - Golden Sun: The Lost Age 'Rebirth of Mars'

Oh yes, this is.. tight, varied & cohesive, creative.. Not exactly my kind of prog but I very much appreciate the prog sensibilities in any case. To me it sounds very accessible too.

The placement of the lead synths in the mix, especially the chippier one, felt a bit separate from the rest of the instrumentation. That's about all the criticism that comes to mind.

Very neat stuff, my favourite bit probably being 1:19-1:31. Made me check the sources; I really like Mars Lighthouse! The emotive solo at the end was also very well done.

--Eino

I liked you guys' first Golden Sun ReMix, sure. But this, however, I think is much better in just about every aspect. It's awesome. I love the amount of variety in the arrangement of this ReMix, ranging from the heavy rock style that is perfect for a battle track, to the bit of chip bit at 2:28 and the slower, more deliberate rock near the end. The production sounds clean and the ReMix itself sounds very natural and authentic musically. Nice job, fellas.

• 1 year later...

Fantastic! It blows the venus track out of the water IMHO, but maybe that's because I like the sources used in this one a lot more. Jenna's battle theme is fantastic, and you really captured and implemented it into the stressed feel of Mars LH very well! The synth performance is pretty good, if not inhuman at some times, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Overall great job on a song from an underappreciated series!