igNoring thE craSh - An NES Tribute Album [FINAL DEADLINE: AUGUST 10TH]

Touchstone

• 5 months later...

Kinda speaking more from my compulsive need to add music credits and stuff to my name than anything even remotely logical, but what all is missing and what all is needed to push it through to finish? If it just needs a little more work and stuff to get to finished, I could probably find time and energy to help get it past the finishing line.

No one knows. We have no idea who sent final tracks to Touchstone and who didn't, if the two non-gold tracks were ever finished, or if there was any kind of feedback about the album from OCR when it became an official OCR project back in June of last year. Outside of the cover art and website art/layout, everything else if kind of up in the air.

Most of that may not be necessary at a junction like this. It's a question of how many finished tracks are available and accessible and whether or not proper permission can be granted for someone else to take it over. Ambitious though I am, it's neither my place nor my habit to just jump in the captain's chair without getting Star Fleet approval to do so.

This one is in a funny place - we did an evaluation for this album about a year ago, and at that time there were seven tracks, of which 6 were of good quality / close to postable (and three were already OCR postable in their state). Only one song was rejected outright. If someone else is willing to take the mantle and give the album a nice little push over the edge (get 2-3 people to finish their tracks) then this could still make a nice little EP in a very short amount of time.

If anyone wants to take it, send me a PM and I'll work it out from there, getting more staff permission, etc. It's definitely looking like Touchstone is a no-show at this point, so I'll do what I can to make the transition as easy as possible.

Well, if someone picks up the mantle, here's what I still need...

- The artist names (real name or remixer handle, whichever someone wants to use) and the remix titles for the back cover / website.
- Any comments by the remixers if they want to give a little insight into their remix. Also, since Touchstone is basically gone, we'll be dropping the "Notes" page where the project director talks about the making of the album and whatnot. So the website will now be three pages (Home, Artists, Downloads).

I'd be interested in shouldering up the last track at least, but again I speak from pure speculatory interest rather than what I've got going on in the real world. It would definitely be a nice break in my routine even if it still meant more music work.

Do Touchstone's themes direction from the first page still apply? Or as long as someone turns in an OCR-worthy mix of something on the list?

On 8/8/2018 at 8:07 AM, Meteo Xavier said:

I'd be interested in shouldering up the last track at least, but again I speak from pure speculatory interest rather than what I've got going on in the real world. It would definitely be a nice break in my routine even if it still meant more music work.

Do Touchstone's themes direction from the first page still apply? Or as long as someone turns in an OCR-worthy mix of something on the list?

I've no idea at what point my tracks was, I remember I've sent wavs twice. Now I can't even find them at my hard drive) cause I don't remember how I named em.

• 3 months later...