OC ReMix Presents Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber!

Liontamer

cover.jpg

OC ReMix Presents Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber!

June 16, 2014

FAIRFAX, VA...OverClocked ReMix today released its 48th arrangement album, Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber. The album features 16 artists producing 21 arrangements in a variety of styles based on Super Mario 64, released by Nintendo in 1996 as a launch title for the Nintendo 64 with music by hugely influential game composer Koji Kondo. The album also features beautiful artwork by Guadalajara-based artist José Ruvalcaba, as well as additional visuals inspired by the game's stages by José "Bronx Rican" Felix, Rickey "ApplFruit" Shine and others.

Portrait of a Plumber is available for free download at http://plumber.ocremix.org. This album was produced to help promote the music of Super Mario 64, was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"Musically, this album showcases OverClocked ReMix's reputation as a community proficient in a diverse set of genres. Portrait of a Plumber features rock, electronic, orchestral, and more. There's really something here for everyone," said album director and veteran arranger Justin "Nutritious" Medford. "I sincerely hope that this will serve to highlight both Kondo's fantastic work as well as the work of the many many talented artists who came together to make this possible."

Featuring revolutionary controls and gameplay for its time, Super Mario 64 sold over 11 million copies and first introduced the world to a three-dimensional Mario. To this day, it is still a popular title for classic game enthusiasts and speed runners. Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber is OC ReMix's first album dedicated to the Mario series, as well as OCR's first album honoring a Nintendo 64 title.

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###

To be honest, I'm still in a bit of shock that this has finally released after so long. It's a massive relief and a proud moment for myself and everyone else that worked so hard on it. We're planning to have a listening part tomorrow evening, so stay tuned to this thread!

EDIT:

Hey everyone, we're planning on having a listening party on IRC tonight at 6PM PST at #sm64album. Hope you can make it!

Edited by Nutritious

This is out?

INCONCEIVABLE!!

also fun story: i was totally gonna enter the art contest and do a picture for cool cool mountain and it was just going to be mario throwing a baby penguin off the edge of the stage lol

Heh, yeah, I was going to enter the art contest as well. Even spent a few hours on a painting which depicted Mario, up close, hiding behind the chimney of the hut, ready to throw a snowball across to the two snowmen in the original painting next to their tree and all. I didn't end up finishing it but I got substantial progress done.

Also started work on a Lethal Lava Land painting in which Mario rode the turtle shell through the primary volcanic eruption, looked incredible in my head but its execution proved to be incredibly difficult.

I *really* wanted to do a painting of Wet-Dry World but I couldn't think of any killer ideas. The level itself is my absolute favorite and I can't think of any real defining aspects.

Unfortunately I just couldn't finish any of them on time, which saddens me as I *really* wanted to be part of an album depicting one of my favorite games of all time <3

Downloaded the MP3s and art, going to take a look, so stoked! Will post my thoughts in due time!

I was thinking to myself the other day that I have so many Sonic, MegaMan, and even DK, albums that I was sad there was no Mario Brothers album.

Then my joy this morning to see this dropped! I have listened to it only a few (like 9) times. I love every track on it! Each one was obviously crafted with much care.

Thank you to all the artists who put in so much work, it is a gift well received!

First and foremost, I'd like ti thanks all the community for this phenomenal album! I never played super Mario 64, yet, there is not any track I find weak! Every one of time are absolutely phenomenal and interesting! I also love the fact that the album cover a wide range of genre! It is something that I really pixel love lately! Anyway all this to say thank you to everyone involved and that I'm a proud supporter of the Patreon!!!!!

Cheers

paxl13

• 3 weeks later...