Sonic 2 - Chemical Lounge Zone

RoBKTA

Good remix! I shall attempt some constructive criticism here.

I loved it once the main theme kicked in fully. But at the same time at that point it almost felt to close to the original. I liked the

Intro to the song, maybe you could combine the intro with the melody somehow? Also the breaks you put in between the main melody work

Pretty well. I wouldn't change those to much.

Ok, so this is actually really cool. The snare/clap is compressed out of the mix a little much so I'm not getting much of that.

Also, I feel like there could generally be a bit more bass in the mix. A bit more in the low end. That bass is pretty freaking awesome.

My one other critique is that at 1:55 and then again at 2:56 and so forth, that section with the ¼ note hits should probably some how be made a lot punchier. Maybe add in more punchy instruments there to really make that hit nice and punchy.

Everything else about this is really sexy.

I agree with G-Mixer that the clap is buried. Not sure why though, as this sounds four-on-the-floor to me, so the sidechaining from the kick should have helped. Bring up the clap volume at least 2 dB more so we can hear it. =P Good bass. Sounds kind of Genesis-like.

At 1:24, the lead sounds a bit dry. Maybe it only has delay. It can be upfront even with reverb, just sayin'. The lead at 1:53 (and so on) sounds a bit distracting since it's so loud and dry on the left. That lead could come down a bit each time it comes in. Also, the drums sound repetitive by 2:22. Maybe some more drum fills could help make it seem less repetitive. By 2:25, I'm wanting the lead to change up the melodic interpretation, which is quite conservative. It hasn't changed. By 2:52, it just feels like there's a lot of copy+paste.

The dropoff at 2:57 sounds rather lifeless with just plain sustains. It's like people with Squidward faces when they sing something happy. I also agree that the hits at 1:55 and 2:56 and so on could be punchier. Compression and tightness is something you could try. And uh... fade-out ending. Wat. :whatevaa:

So basically, some repetition, lead dryness, and lead expressiveness issues. Some levels should also be fixed. Maybe add an ending too.