OCR02947 - Final Fantasy Legend II 'Gift of the MAGI'

Liontamer

I will maintain to my dying day that the FF Legend games - particularly FFL 3 - have some of the best music on the system. This Remix is a gorgeous, relaxing example of that fact; I'm a big fan of Argle's music because I never quite know what I'm going to get when I click play on his tracks, and I've yet to be disappointed by anything I've listened to of his. This is a definite listen-to.

Mellotrons......mellotrons everywhere! But it's cool, because it fits together with classic Final Fantasy sound so well. This sounds like the perfect journey starting music and if you need a theme for adventure, this is a good place to find it. Not bad.

Geez, this hit the right spot between inspirationally modern and warmly nostalgic. I apologize if not knowing what a Mellotron is makes me a heathen, but my unlearned opinion gives this mix a thumbs up. :D

Mellotrons are kinda the granddaddy of modern keyboards. They used physical tapes, recordings of a certain instrument, that are triggered by playing the keyboard. They have been commonly used in genres like prog rock but I think they work nice in most styles if you need a nostalgic sound.

• 5 months later...

Oh, wait, what are these mellotrons? Maybe someone can explain a little bit more?... :lol: But no matter, what it is - you, Adam, created an excellent remix, using those... mellotrons, you know. While the title of the original track is "The Legend Begins", to my mind it sounds more like a credits theme - those mellotrons (We need to say more "mellotrons" for the Mellotron god :tomatoface:), flute, hip-hoppish drumwork and cheerful piano licks create a very relaxing atmosphere. Nice