OCR02950 - Donkey Kong Country 2 'Clouds Away'

Liontamer

I usually dislike OC remixes with lyrics but this is just beautiful. Its capture's the essence of the original song but adds new twists! Also no Vulgar so that is a plus. Finally being a christian the lyrics in this song have a christian undertone. This song is one of my favorites!

I always love Palpable's mixes. Great vocals from both performers. I like how the second verse raises intensity, and how the third verse is also different - very nice, natural, unconventional structure. I like the understated ending. The only crit I can think of is that the first verse is a little buried in the mix.

Oh man, DiGi Valentine and Palpable together again! You guys did fine, fine work Temporal Duality. :)

I never would have thought to include a voice like Bekah's in the mix, but the contrast created is a beautiful thing. Her calming, melodic performance made Digi's unbeatable rhythm filled with frustration all the more convincing. The build up of 2:01 is a really impressive example of this.

Fantastic collaboration as far as I'm concerned! I'd like to see this trio reunite in the future.

DiGi's accent in this was interesting to hear. I haven't much in the way of British rap, so that was a cool treat. I love the grittiness to the sound during the raps, adding to the overall tone and how Bekah's beautiful voice is the cherry on top of all the vocal work, bringing in the light to the darkness here. Awesome. Speaking of which, I love the lyrics in this ReMix because I know people (as well as being one of those people) who have felt some of these emotions and feelings, and I can understand the message here. When a song resonates with you on those levels, it's a powerful thing. To hear it with Hot-Head Bop's melody is pretty fun. Outstanding ReMix, guys.

Oh man yeah, I love this track! Awesome vocal work by DiGi and Bekah. I love the minimalist instrumentation too, it really fits the vibe and vocals perfectly. Back when we were doing Temporal Duality, DiGi said he was working on a track with Palp and that's why he had asked him to do "Extraordinary", so I'm glad to finally hear what this track they were working on was :-). Nice work everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

It never ceases to amaze me how different each remix can be of the utterly godlike soundtrack that is David Wise's DKC2. This is an all-round superb composition, and the gritty, dark atmosphere that palpable sets up in the intro works so well with the melody that I get goosebumps every time it comes in. I love DiGi's rapping style, and the peaceful chorus vocals are like a breath of fresh air in amongst the intensity of the rest of the track. Doesn't get much better than this, really!

• 1 month later...

Kudos to everyone involved, because this is an awesome remix, in all aspects. Palpable, you just keep getting better and better, and it's been wonderful to see your growth as a producer and arranger over time. I love the vocals, and think both vocalists knocked it out of the park. Ms. Jones's voice somehow has this haunting beauty that is absolutely perfect for this song, conveying so much emotion in its purity.

Palpable I'm particularly proud of you because I believe this is your most expressive piece of work to date. It really evokes feelings of personal struggle and has depth, and I find it to be quite moving.

Edited by Diodes

• 1 month later...