OCRA-0007 - Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt

I thought this project initially had a lot of rocky roads, but it has really come through. Lots of great strong material. I was particularly impressed with the Malcos/RTF collabs - their chun li mix in particular. I thought this should have been the headlining track of the project for OCR. Superb stuff.

Also enjoyed malcos' solo work like the dhalsim mix. You've really grown in the last year and have polished your mixes more than they used to be.

Congrats especially to Shael and Malcos for the work in this project, you guys really got this one through.

Awesome. I'm just listening some tracks here and there, and I'm liking them :)

More specific comments from me later.

For now, I point out something to fix in the website: Guile's tracks seem to be 0 bytes long.

edit: Richter is the man and he already fixed them. Nice Work.

So I guess we're allowed to submit these now?

First time hearing the whole thing. Gotta say, lots of funky beats going on here (Larry's probably already creamed himself over this stuff).

Highlights for me are:

Morse and Richter's Blanka mix.

José's Deejay mix.

Zircon's spybreaky Fei-long mix.

Malcos'Dhalsim ending mix.

And probably the guile end mix that's not mine, because I'd be a jerk if I said I liked mine.

No feedback, as I'm still downloading. I also don't want to be a brick. But why was there serious bitching about "Chrono Symphonic" in terms of "you have to release (in as "we say so, else you get some serious trouble) this album as FLAC version, too", but in this case, it didn't happen?

I thought FLAC, CD covers and "multiple versions" (available via torrent) are standard?

Again, I don't want to be a prick, but I just don't get it.

Fugging tight. The best non-CS site project yet, by far.

Personal faves: Wallstreet Monster (groovy stuffs), Reaching for Nirudha (teh ethnic-stentialism), Army Girl (pure chillin'), Home at Last (short but sweet), and of course, Flying Heaven (zircon and his irresistible beetzzzz).

Well played, good sires. Well played.

~.C.S.~

Well done, guys! All the music really keeps with the mood of Street Fighter, I can imagine kicking ass to this music. I especially like the vocal works from José the Bronx Rican; really crowd-stirring mixes. Again, congratulations everyone.

Additionally, my honda mix was originally going to have a rap over it, which may still be completed in the near future (however my lyricist has disapeared for the moment...) So keep an eye out for the mix.

Okay, I'm 80% through the project, and it's not as urban as I imagined it to be. Still cool with interesting ideas, though I miss the more agressive hiphop this game really screamed for. And I dunno, maybe a tad more agressiveness overall. (okay, not everything can be uber-bombastic)

What interests me the most:

Who engineered the project. It's crisp, sometimes a bit "too crisp" (and the bass abit missing, aways a matter of preferences of course), which tells mere the was some editing taking place, also in terms of volume, cause all tracks seem to have a decent loudness level.

Else, interesting work indeed (lot of Stylus RMX usage, however the credit track was just lame). And I kinda miss myf's version of Cammy's stage.

I've been able to listen to this over the past few days, and I can say this is probably my favourite project since Kong in Concert. Nary a bad mix on the album. Highlights for me included R U Overdrive (awesome), both of José's songs, and Sixto's Ken.

The minor gripes I have are involved in the track list. Shael's and Aetherius' tracks shouldn't have gone back to back. As suggested in the thread before, they would have worked as great bookends to the album. I'll try making my own tracklist and see how it goes.

Rock on, guys. Love it.

really amazing work, love it

though i do miss flac and album artwork, the download itself is a little lacking

of course i could just make my own custom cover

and i could also take hormons so i could finally touch some breasts, but im to lazy

And I kinda miss myf's version of Cammy's stage.

:oops:

Anyways, I'll maybe write a bit more later, but there were some impressive tracks on this that really stood out for me.

First off, Akumajo - I heard a wip of your Eurobeat Ryu stage way back when, but the guitar addition really fleshed it out. I can't imagine the amount of time that went into programming the J-Pop sound, and while I had a few issues with the mixing at points, overall this track blew me away with its authentic take on the genre.

Vurez - Morricone overdrive, man. I'm impressed. Seriously.

Jose - Reggaeton! We want more reggaeton! Honestly, man, when I heard that bullhorn, I got so excited! Could have used a bit more dem bow, and the chorus was a bit lackluster in comparison to the verse, but wow, man. I listen to the local spanish station on the way to work in the morning, and I dug this track like crazy. Your flow is so authentic to the style!

Havent had a chance to really dig into the album yet, but I will over the next few days, and then I'll give some more opinion.

good stuff, i'm pretty impressed. You realize that the album title on the mp3 file tag reads "blood on the ASHPALT" right?

oh yeah my only criticism about the music would be the vega track. I like what jose did with the dee jay stage, but since when is Vega a ghetto hip hop baller from the bronx?

This is fantastic. You guys really did it again. I have all of these VG music "projects" you guys have done, and I totally love them all. I am not a very musical guy myself, just a huge video game fan. But the funny thing is, even games that I have never played, like Kirby, or Sonic (I played it but not enough to know the music) I can still listen to the albums you guys made and enjoy them fully. You have really taken this to a new level, it's not just remixes of video game music. It's a whole genre of music.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to more video game albums like this one.