OCR01481 - Raptor & Final Fantasy VII "PlectraSubCity"

• 9 months later...

I'm playing Raptor (from GOG.com) right now, so it was cool to hear a ReMix from the game. While I can't recall the source, the mix is pretty cool, with smooth groove and a well-woven soundscape. I especially like the way the vocals were used.

I wasn't able to hear the bad notes Vig discussed in the judging thread, I guess that's a good thing for me, since they're usually a big turn-off for me. I guess they weren't that bad for me.

--Eino

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I don't know what's more surprising: the fact that I remembered this game well enough to think of looking up remixes for it, or the fact that someone else remembered this game well enough to actually create a remix for it. Not to mention, there's the fact that I still recognize a song that I last heard when my age was a single-digit number.

This remix may be subtle and ambient, but something about it commands my attention. It's like I can be in the middle of doing something, and when this song starts playing, I'll want to stop and listen more closely. (I guess I shouldn't listen to this while operating heavy machinery, then.) I wish I had the technical expertise to say why I like this so much. But, as it is, that's all I can really say: love it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01481 - Raptor & Final Fantasy VII "PlectraSubCity"