OCR02964 - Gunstar Heroes 'Bullet Hell'

djpretzel

This seriously breathes of Gunstar Heroes sound design. It sounds like a GSH ReMix, even if I never knew that it was for GSH. Yeah, sure, some airiness in the lead would have been nice, and there's some strange note choices/harmonies in some of the arp work, but that's so minor that pffffft. The lil stereo offset at 3:22 was interesting. You can still rock out to this, and honestly, I didn't have any issues with the drums. I mean, if they really are the FPC defaults (I do kinda recognize the ride cymbal, but other than that...), that's some pretty impressive processing on those to transform them that much. :)

Edited by timaeus222

A no holds barred guitar-driven guns blazing adventure. That's what we have here, folks, and I'm on board. It's almost a bit too much, what with four minutes of intense shredding, which is why I appreciate the break at 2:22-- especially since it reinforces that '80s vibe. It doesn't really stray from DusK's usual stomping grounds, but, I mean... there's nothing wrong with that. :razz:

Oh hell yeah, if that opening isn't enough to get you pumped, you're going to need a shot of adrenaline straight in the heart right now. Such hard-hitting rockin' energy abound, and it's reigned in by an amazing driven guitar riff. This was made for action and I love it. The break at 2:22 was perfect for giving everyone a chance to cool down a tad before going right back into the blistering rock at the end. Awesome stuff, really liked this.

• 2 weeks later...