*Results are in* MnP 22: Legend of Dragoon: Bale

HoboKa

Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)

Round 22: Legend of Dragoon - Royal capital Bale

Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg

Thought I'd pick something a little more relaxed this round. So, here's the theme of the Royal Capital (Bale) from The Legend of Dragoon. Always felt it was a tragically under-appreciated game, especially musically. Lots of very free melodies, interesting percussion, and kick ass bass parts (See: the boss themes =])

-Blaine

Midi

Alternate Midi Download

Deadline

2014-09-13 20:00:00 Saturday

Voting End

2014-09-15 16:00:00 Monday

Submit your remix Here when completed.

**If you have technical difficulty with account activation at ThaSauce, please contact Ramaniscence via pm**

MISSION STATEMENT

The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. A modicum of originality is recommended, but not required.

All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct *

MnP Instructions

1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.

2. As long as you can still capture the source tune's mood and around 75% of the notation, you'll be golden. If you're going to change the genre up completely, be sure to keep the previous statement in mind. For example, a source tune that is fast-paced and energetic that's remixed into a mellow/chill-out theme would be a hard sell. Please refer to the example tracks at the bottom to get a feel for what I mean. Or better yet, check out the submissions of previous rounds.

3. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).

4. Only 1 entry per participant.

5. Previous winner cannot participate, but can submit a bonus, as well as have a vote that counts 2x

6. Submission must be made specifically for this competition, otherwise it will have to be a bonus track. Taking an old idea of yours and heavily revising it is permissible.

Example Tracks:

FF7_SonOfChaos,

SMW_Monstrous_Turtles,

Hitman_Contract_Cleaner,

MISC/TIPS

- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.

- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

- Certain sad or moody source tunes don't have drums or percussion for a reason. So keeping it that way may be the easiest way to retain much of the original feel, such as

and
Edited by HoboKa

Legend of Dragoon is indeed a tragically under-appreciated game. My failed attempt at making an LoD remix project is testament to such. That or OCR just hates me, but that's a story for another day :lmassoff:

Props to Blaine on the source pick!

Edit 2

Mod wasn't available to move it, so I had to make a clone of the compo round I accidentally submitted in the community thread lol.

Edited by HoboKa

Legend of Dragoon is indeed a tragically under-appreciated game. My failed attempt at making an LoD remix project is testament to such. That or OCR just hates me, but that's a story for another day :lmassoff:

Props to Blaine on the source pick!

EDIT

forgot to mention that thaSauce is having some technical difficulties again, so I guess for now, just post your submissions in this thread. If things don't improve in 2 weeks, just pm me your votes ;)

Edit 2

Mod wasn't available to move it, so I had to make a clone of the compo round I accidentally submitted in the community thread lol.

"Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)

Round 21: Legend of Dragoon - Royal capital Bale"

This should be round 22 of course.

when going through the sauce website. The mnp link doesn't have this song in the category. However I do see this challenge over at the orc link in the compo section. Should I submit my song there or wait for the mnp link to be up... Also, Am I right to assume that the file formats is the same to submit over at the sauce site?

when going through the sauce website. The mnp link doesn't have this song in the category. However I do see this challenge over at the orc link in the compo section. Should I submit my song there or wait for the mnp link to be up... Also, Am I right to assume that the file formats is the same to submit over at the sauce site?

Woah!! That was bizarre! I went in as an admit and deleted the false ORC round22 and did it up again as MnP22 and it worked. So yeah everything is back to normal! I would've never guessed what had really happened until Supercoolmike pointed it out lol - so thanks big time mike!!

Woah!! That was bizarre! I went in as an admit and deleted the false ORC round22 and did it up again as MnP22 and it worked. So yeah everything is back to normal! I would've never guessed what had really happened until Supercoolmike pointed it out lol - so thanks big time mike!!

NP HoboKa, Glad to help solve something b4 it became a big issue.:)

In other news, I just submitted my piece. Enjoy.

It happened to me last time as well (ORC278 instead of PRC278 ). Luckily ORC does only has rounds between 103 and 140, so we didn't delete a round (which will happen if you use an ID of an already existing compo).

I've got a WIP that I'll submit tonight. It's not finished but time is not on my side

Screw it. I'm extending another x amoujnt of days (didn't bother counting how much lol), seeing as evktalo said he has a bit of a wip in development too - might give you enough time too Trism :D

Edited by HoboKa

Updated due-dates for submission and votes are as follows:

Deadline

2014-09-13 (Saturday) 8:00 pm pacific

Voting End

2014-09-15 (Monday) 4:00 pm pacific

(vote is 4pm because I get back from school at 2:30 and gives me some wiggle room to tally votes)

EDIT 2

If the other contestants (kat and supercoolmike) wish to revise/edit your remixes, you are allowed to do so. If there's any technical difficulties pm me and lemme know :D

Edited by HoboKa

Updated due-dates for submission and votes are as follows:

EDIT 2

If the other contestants (kat and supercoolmike) wish to revise/edit your remixes, you are allowed to do so. If there's any technical difficulties pm me and lemme know :D

Nah i'm good. I like what I came up with and I don't have a problem about extending the day. More submitted songs the better. :smile: