PRC279 - Results: The Lost Pieces of Induras (Treasure of Usas)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 279

PRCv11-19

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round Evktalo did something what wasn't done by many people; winning a last place wooden spoon in a round where Bundeslang entered. Esperado got third place together with Bundeslang. Far above that, Jorito and Showroom Dummy received all 1st and 2nd place votes, with Jorito getting the most points.

Source:

(after picking Tekken Tag Tournament Xiayou stage which was used in PRC148 http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC148 I asked to select a new source).

Somehow I can't stop submitting track suggestions from my MSX youth. This time I picked the Konami platformer "Treasure of Usas", the Mohenjo Daro (stage 5) song. Great game and it was my first cartridge game too

Youtube:

MIDI: http://vgmusic.com/music/computer/miscellaneous/msx/usas_st5.mid

Hope it inspires people to create something cool with it!

PRC279.jpg

Source: Treasure of Usas (MSX) - Level 5: Mohenjo Daro

MIDI or check the Vgmusic link in the quote above

Game Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page a ThaSauce account is required.

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce.

To register and submit, do the following.

1. Click the ThaSauce link.
  2. Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  3. Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  4. Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  5. Continue the process by filling in your information.
  6. A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.
  7. Login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by Wednesday September 17th 2014 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT): check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left (two days extension).
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC280.
  7. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

For those interested, I did sort of a mix (using Automixing of Deckadance) of several (mainly dance) PRC tracks of the past 10 years (mainly tracks in season 1-5). More information, and the mix of course, can be found at this Soundcloud link!

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

Edited by Bundeslang
Extended Deadline

• 2 weeks later...
I have a complete-ish arrangement & the guitars recorded ... but I don't have the time to edit them & do mixing until tomorrow. :/

There will probably be an extension with two days, except when lots of songs are posted before the real deadline.

EDIT: Deadline extended with two days.

Edited by Bundeslang

BTW, I just noticed that you picked the Xiaoyu theme in tekken tag before this one. This theme was not only used in PRC, but also in IMC (IronMix Challenge), which was the precursor for PRC, around 2005/2006 if I remember correctly.

Now, I happen to have participated in this IMC, and it was probably one of the first remixes I completed. I managed to make a remastered/remake version of it back in 2009, so if you're interested I'll leave the link here (download if you can, mediafire stream sounds like shit):

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/kf6budm4r8xxs1m/Sir_NutS-Xiaoyu_Beat_Me_Down(Rematch_Mix_v2).mp3

Of course, it's not very good but keep in mind how old this is. I'm pretty sure this must've been my 3rd or 4th completed remix. Lots of other remixers who were probably not as well known back then used to participate in IMC. I remember Beatdrop, Analog, Zircon, Gecko Yamori, Ghetto Lee Lewis, Prophecy, blind, among others.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 4 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place if they vote, so it is profitable to vote. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.

- Last but not least, since there are issues with editing scores, ignore the scores on ThaSauce after the voting stage, look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round, after the voting stage. If for some reason it is not possible to leave boxes empty, fill in Evktalo's song in that place.

Jorito has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Friday, September 19th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner may choose the source tune for PRC280.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

If anyone have issues voting via ThaSauce you can vote by sending me a PM at Ocremix.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 4

Total number of votes - 6

Maximum Score - 21.

Voting stats can be found in this picture.

Voting.png

Bundeslang wins the last place wooden spoon with 10 points.

Gercr was close to get second place, but ends with 13 points, bringing him third place.

Sir Nuts collected 14 points, and the second place.

And the winner of PRC278 is Evktalo with 17 points.

Congratulations Evktalo, you deserved to win. I'm happy that I extended the round, otherwise we missed the three best songs of this round and the last place wooden spoon would have been a first place wooden spoon. It was funny that some votes are the opposite of each other, even I received a first place.

Evktalo, you may select a source for PRC280. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Sunday, 21 September 2014.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC279