OCR00249 - Blaster Master "Through the Eyes of Tragedy"

Liontamer

• 1 year later...

The panning bass is rather awkward, but I appreciate the effort to create an expansive stereo field, along with the wild-western-like pitch bending lead guitar adding emotion to the performance. The entrance of electric guitars at 1:23 helped improve the stereo field some more, and was a nice change of pace. The guitar amp/cab rig effects used could have been more interesting, but that's not a big deal. The solo at 2:32 kinda came out of nowhere, but it was good to have that to offset the generally slow, almost contemplative atmosphere of this.

Didn't really get the panned bass. The solo guitar complements the backing quite well. Like Timaeus said, the amp tone is nothing special but it's not huge. I also agree that the solo just came out of nowhere. The track feels like a dark room and the solo is just huge neon lights being turned on and temporarily blinding you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 8:03 PM, Necrox said:

The track feels like a dark room and the solo is just huge neon lights being turned on and temporarily blinding you.

I love this comment, it fits this track perfectly! Everything is all mellow and chilled out, then the super fuzzy guitar tone comes and it keeps with the overall theme and suddenly BOOM! Shreddage! The musicianship is excellent and the production is great, however I'm not a fan of the fade out...

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00249 - Blaster Master "Through the Eyes of Tragedy"