OCR00213 - Faxanadu "Funk Fusion"

Liontamer

• 1 year later...

Jake Kaufman, ladies and gentlemen. I got into his music by way of Shovel Knight, and I’ve since grown convinced that he’s no mere mortal. While the realism of the samples leaves some to be desired, he switches between sources, styles and instruments with no small amount of skill. He’s taken influences from jazz, rock, and even a bit of orchestral stuff and made it all work. It is a bit medley-ish, as the Great Pretzel noted, but still, I’m a fan!

Wow, despite the lackluster sample quality, the attention to detail on the performance is exceptional! The piano near 2:36 is actually convincing. Even the fake guitar is pretty cool. My only complaint is the medley feel, like the tempo and drastic mood change at 2:43. Despite that, this would be a strong contender for passing, even today.

For a medley, this track felt a little inconsistent to me. Too many genre’s in one track for my tastes. I feel like once I was invested in one section, another section would be drastically introduced, forcing me to reacquaint myself with the track. 1:56 to 2:43 was wonderful though.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely got the Latin fusion thing going on here, makes me want to boogie! (Disclaimer: I can't boogie). Overall it's a little on the quiet side for me, though that may just be a sign of the time period this is from. The instrumentation all 'round is superb and on this particular track I quite like that it jumps around a fair bit as it somehow manages to keep the same theme going throughout.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00213 - Faxanadu "Funk Fusion"