NEW MEGA TORRENT is out! ReMixes 1-3000 AVAILABLE!

Liontamer

THE NEW TORRENT IS IN CAPTIVITY!! THE REMIXES ARE AT PEACE!!!

• ReMixes #OCR00001 to #OCR03000
  • 2,876 MP3s spread out over 14.8GB
  • Over 14 YEARS of music!
  • Yours for the low, low, low price of FREE!

Changes include:

• Higher-quality (bitrate) versions of many previous mixes
  • Corrections to artist, composer, game names, and other metadata in the ID3 tags
  • The return of removed mixes from virt, prozax & JD Harding (!!!)

GRAB IT NOW & help seed 1 - 3000 @ http://is.gd/ocremix_2014_torrent!!!!

-----------------------------------------

You can check out the comprehensive list of recent updates here! http://ocremix.org/info/Torrent_Update_v20141015

If you haven't refreshed your OCR collection since before 2012, check out the vast improvements to the MP3 metadata & files we've done since then at http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41730.

album_art_final.jpg

Are the re-added mixes from JD Harding, prozax, and virt going to be added back to the site?

Yeah, we'll see if we can find the old writeups before we can add the pages. If djp can't locate the original writeups, we'll add some new comments to go along with the pages. djp just needs some time to search his backups. That said, I'm really hyped that they're all back! :-)

When comparing the re-added list and the list of Removed ReMixes, I notice that some remixes contain the same OCR# (OCR000277 from the re-added list doesn't match the OCR00277 from the Removed List). Were some OCR#s reused after a remix of that number was removed?

Yep. They're roughly slotted chronologically with when they were first posted (which was back before OCR used ID #s).

Perhaps something handy would be for someone to make a list of the songs that are part of albums, so any potential downloaders will be aware of them? When I downloaded the torrents the other day to make sure I had everything, I had to go in and delete the mixposts that were part of albums, since I already had the albums and didn't want redundancies.

Perhaps something handy would be for someone to make a list of the songs that are part of albums, so any potential downloaders will be aware of them? When I downloaded the torrents the other day to make sure I had everything, I had to go in and delete the mixposts that were part of albums, since I already had the albums and didn't want redundancies.

Load them in MP3tag, sort by comment, look through the ones where the comments start with http://, then determine what you don't need.

as a person who generally waits for the release of a new torrent before updating their collection (because i unfortunately dont have the time to come check the site for daily updates, and also because i tend to prune out mixes that i end up not really enjoying) might i suggest an addition of a section to the changelog which indicates how many mixes have been added to the torrent?

put more simply, are these things updated per every 500? i'd like to know where to begin, without having to sift through the entire catalog all over again. last time i did so took me about 4 months!

• 2 weeks later...
as a person who generally waits for the release of a new torrent before updating their collection (because i unfortunately dont have the time to come check the site for daily updates, and also because i tend to prune out mixes that i end up not really enjoying) might i suggest an addition of a section to the changelog which indicates how many mixes have been added to the torrent?

put more simply, are these things updated per every 500? i'd like to know where to begin, without having to sift through the entire catalog all over again. last time i did so took me about 4 months!

It was every 500, and the newest ones are the latest 500, so there's no need to list them in the Changelog. Going forward, we'll try to create a separate update torrent once per quarter. Whenever you grab a new torrent set, use a program like Mp3tag to sort by track # to see the latest ones.