OCR03019 - Ecco: The Tides of Time (GEN) 'A Derelict Machine'

Liontamer

I'm notorious for tuning out of lengthy, dark electronic tracks due to a wandering mind that doesn't gravitate towards the style. But once I forced my brain to stop multitasking, I gained an appreciation for the abyss A Derelict Machine conjures. I also love that this is a song, ultimately, about dolphins. Take that, happy-go-lucky, fin-clapping stereotypes!

Finally! I've been listening to this for so long (grabbed it months ago from the VGMix4 beta). The ebb and flow of this piece is incredible, just listen to all the interweaving details phase in & out. Catchy glitches, beats, and melody all around. This is some of the best prog trance on the site! ^_^

Nice. The glitchy atmosphere adds a lot of darkness to this ReMix and it fits the the undertone of certain aspects of Ecco. I love how this takes it's time to make sure that every minute spent just adds to the mix overall, especially when it drops down a bit in the middle for a more menacing march before picking things back up in energetic beats.

• 3 months later...

Oh, my... It's like a snowball - it becomes more and more complex with each second, and then you suddenly find yourself drowned in the haunting, disturbing atmosphere of this mix. Even when it drops at 3:16, it still feels tense. And when it picks up again at 5:16, a new wave of emothions covers you again. So neat work! I would like to hear an infinitely extended version of this...

• 9 months later...

Yay, dark electronic lectures. 1:22 is seriously sick, wow. I imagine this glowing, pulsating core of atoms with electrons of shifting color crazily orbiting. Excellent glitching. Aweosme how it never compromises melody while still remaining dirty. The key changes helped keep it lively. The left-panned rhythm synth was a nice touch in keeping the atmosphere of dread while everything else dances around it. The violin is awesome. Great mix.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...