OCR03022 - Final Fantasy VI 'The Nightmare Oath'

Liontamer

Wow, is this impressive!! It seems to me that not only is this an amazing use of vocals, it's an amazing use of completely male vocals, which seems (to me at least) to be a rare and amazing combination. I can't believe how well it works. Between that and the amazing mix of flute and rocking bass, every time I think that I've adjusted to a 'soft' or 'hard' feel, the mix flips it on me. I love it!!! BRAVO, all around!!

I can't really say that FFVI was my favorite game in the series, but when it comes to fun moments and music, not a whole lot has beaten the Opera house (that I've seen so far). Balance and Ruin did a hell of a lot to take everything that was great about the musical part of that sequence and bring it to a point high above 11/10. This track is no exception. The vocals of both men were amazing, the music was ace and the driving beat right at the climax made for a very dramatic and tense feeling that just has me loving this. So good guys, well done.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...