OCR03023 - Metal Gear Solid 2 & 1, Metal Gear 'Sounds of Liberty'

Liontamer

Man, talk about a pumped up intro. I was on the edge my seat for a good minute as the song built up to those unforgettable notes that remind us all of the noble madness behind Metal Gear. I would have liked the Jungle bit to have meshed with more natural grace into the rest of the ReMix, but I can't say no to the guitar and synth joining forces for one heck of an ending (abrupt as it may be).

Also, I think you guys would do justice (pun!) to an Ace Attorney project. Maybe ask OA for a few pointers and go!

The intro really is something else. Hearing the synth and guitar work together was great and I guess all I can really say is that I'm loving this mix. You both did a great job, and while I am split on certain sounds and I'm not crazy about the ending, there's nothing here that really turns me away from this ReMix. Wonderful collab, guys!

Maybe it's just me, but 1:04 - 1:18 was a little bare, and I thought the bass was staying still a little too much in the first bit of that portion. Not a big deal though. I agree that the drums and guitar were a little pushed back in the mix, but I also agree it's not that much of a problem. I actually liked that transition at 1:53. Maybe the transition could have dragged on for a few more seconds, but a pretty sweet style shown there and everywhere else IMO. Loved the lead guitar and synth parts especially. I loved Scaredsim's "Turrimann" back in the day, 3 years ago. :< I like this almost as much, and that's saying a lot! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to this for years since I first heard it in Dwelling of Duels 3 and a half years back!! Flexstyle really had some spot-on judge comments with this mix that almost totally align with my own - the mixing on this shows its age, I don't think this is the best production work I've heard from either of you guys but the arrangement is grade-A work by both your standards and more than compensates for the shortcomings on the mix side.

On a side note, this pairs so well back-to-back with OA's mix that was linked in the writeup. I love listening to the two of these in succession.

Good stuff guys!

• 11 months later...

Interesting choice to have an energetic and then playing the source light. Just a good, solid rock mix. All of the little nuances like the synth during the outro and the playful guitar solo at 2:13 help it stand out and establish its own identity. Good work.