Voiceover Recording Questions - Just Starting Out

I do need to sit down with the voice channel and tune things in a bit more to my voice. It has a lot of options for a moderately priced piece of gear. Also, things in that closet aren't perfect. There are still some things that I still need to tame in there. This setup has been working well for me, though, and I haven't had any clients complain about the quality of the audio that I send them.

I guess that leaves me with a bathroom or closet. Same issues there? I know Weird Al recorded his first album in a bathroom - can't be too bad.

Would not recommend a bathroom. Because you're not mixing your voice with anything, you need to be very careful to eliminate room reflections. You could buy moving blankets and hang them around your microphone area using just staples, or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on the Sony Oxford mailing list because sometimes they have some good videos. Behold:

She uses a Sennheiser MKH416 - the one I hate - but she does a lot of promo work and describes how it cuts through busy advertisement mixes. Food for thought.

Edited by Yasae