OCR03070 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) 'Mountain's Wind'

Liontamer

Trying my best to put my (obvious) DKC3 bias aside, I found this to be an excellent remix and I'm very glad it got posted! You've got a very high quality sound pallet that would sound right at home in a modern-day recreation of the OST, and the D&B elements are handled very adeptly and fit right into place. Repetition doesn't bother me at all, because there's a lot of small details that help progress this along and prevent it from becoming stale.

Congratulations on getting this posted! Really looking forward to more from you.

Any sort of repetition was drowned out of my mind by the terrific work in taking this source and turning it into a DnB jam. And that section with the original guitar at 2:11, damn, loving that. The beat, the energy, the recognizably of the source and the ability to make it something cool, all there. Judges may have been split, but I would have to say all the positives outweighed any negatives in the writing or production for me. Great stuff, man.

Wow this is LOUD, and it's only the youtube video. The MP3 is probably louder. :lol: Yeah, I see your repetition crits, and I raise you some resonance and click/pop crits! :<

Not bad. Generally produced well, and it has a likable flair to it. Does feel pretty copy-pasta and occasionally sparse, but what's there slightly edges by IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow, the intro didn't prepare me for this lol! I think I'm hearing some glitches/pops here and there. The groove is cool, and some elements are interesting, but this remix doesn't sound too good to me. It's quite repetitive and stays at the same level of intensity once the intro is over. The ending was abrupt too. Not a fan, sorry.

• 2 years later...