SNES RPG Medley

sambarugh

Hey OCR,

We just finished our most recent piece which is a medley of SNES RPG themes...well almost all RPGs...we tacked on Final Fight for good measure :)

Feedback of any kind is appreciate as always. Although I should state that the spoken work sections were intentionally placed as this was used for a podcast and we wanted to include some fun soundbites from the show.

I don't know if this can be submitted here because it's multiple games involved in one piece, does anyone know? Either way...enjoy and here are the included themes:

Lufia II - Final Battle

Chrono Trigger - Undersea Palace

Earthbound - Giygas and Pokey

Chrono Trigger - Final Battle

Final Fight - Ending Theme

http://megalixir1.bandcamp.com/track/you-confront-the-abstract-art

Absolutely brilliant. Can't say I ever had a SNES and so don't recognize the tunes (maybe that misses the point!) but I love whatever you've done with them. Really beautiful sound, fantastic synths and guitar sound, particularly the lead solos... almost reminds me of a lot of modern prog rock groups, like the Neal Morse Band in particular with the synths. Don't know if you listen to that kind of stuff but it reminded me of it in a really great way and most importantly matches that studio quality.

Really beautiful work.

Absolutely brilliant. Can't say I ever had a SNES and so don't recognize the tunes (maybe that misses the point!) but I love whatever you've done with them. Really beautiful sound, fantastic synths and guitar sound, particularly the lead solos... almost reminds me of a lot of modern prog rock groups, like the Neal Morse Band in particular with the synths. Don't know if you listen to that kind of stuff but it reminded me of it in a really great way and most importantly matches that studio quality.

Really beautiful work.

Thanks so much OmegaBolt - you're right on with the sound direction. We're all prog rock/metal fans and bands like Neal Morse are right in our wheel house. We always try to cover a few different bases with our longer pieces so all of our influences can come thru. Here I got to channel both my inner Steve Vai and John Petrucci :)