25 Years of Fire Emblem

Coaltergeist

25 Years of Fire Emblem

A Fire Emblem Tribute Album
Name tentative (25 years to 2015)
Also yes this is kinda copy/pasted from my first project idea but who cares.

Games:The Fire Emblem series. At least have representation from every separate sub-series (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Blazing Sword and Sealed Sword, etc.). More than one game per sub-series is fine; I'd like to at least get 1 song per sub-series before we start doubling up, but I can make exceptions, especially for the less well-known games.

Concept:To this day, there is only 1 posted Fire Emblem Remix on OCR (yes I checked); I intend to change that. The music from these games is amazing, and if Smash Bros. has taught us anything, they need more attention than they're getting.
I attempted to start a FE remix project 2 whole years ago and limited it to just Blazing Sword, but the lack of available remixers forced it to die off. The extended scope allows for more games to be represented and at the same time attempt to make more people interested, but the concept is to still keep the project decently small, 1-2 tracks per sub-series. We are also OCR official now!

Style of music: Anything goes. Feel free to interpret the music any way you know how/want to; if someone were to make a really cool techno/breakbeat version of "Together We Ride," for example that's completely alright.

Current Confirmed Team:

-Coaltergeist: Project Director
-evktalo: Remixer
-Daniel Caton:
Remixer
-Sbeast: Remixer
-Garrett Williamson: Remixer
-AbsoluteZero: Artist

Who we need:

-Artist (for website art)

-Collab-ers (if you want to 8) )

-Coders (for website)

Dates: Tentative Calender:

May 1st- 1st WIP check-in date (just starting out/not substantial)

Received WIPs from:

-The artist formerly known as NinjaPenguinDan

-SBeast

-AngelCityOutlaw

-evktalo

August 1st- 2nd WIP check-in date (getting there)

Received WIPs from:

-SBeast

-Garrett Williamson

-Dan Caton

-AngelCityOutlaw

November 1st- 3rd WIP check-in date (nearing completion)

-Daniel Caton

-AngeCityOutlaw

-Garrett Williamson

-evktalo

-SBeast

January 1st- Turn-in date 4th WIP check-in date

-Daniel Caton

-Garrett Williamson

March 1st- 5th WIP check-in date

JULY 1st- Turn in date

If you don't see your favorite song, by all means suggest it/volunteer.

Key:

Suggestions/Possible Songs
Claimed (no WIP received)
Claimed (early WIP)
Claimed (substantial WIP)
Claimed (almost done)
Finished

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon/Gaiden/New Mystery of the Emblem (includes DS remakes)- AKANEIA
Main Theme- evktalo-

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War/Thracia 776- JUGDRAL
Nothing claimed

Fire Emblem Binding Blade/Blazing Sword- ELIBE
Together We Ride- Sbeast- 

Fire Emblem Sacred Stones- MAGVEL
Truth, Despair, and Hope- Coaltergeist-

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn- TELLIUS
Galdr of Rebirth/Enemy Approaches/Mist's Theme- Daniel Caton-

Fire Emblem Awakening- YLISSE
Conquest/Id~Purpose- Garrett Williamson-

People who you can use in your remix (and their instrument):
-no one yet!

Willing to collab:
-no one yet!

Art:
-AbsoluteZero: Album art

If you have any questions, post it on this board, PM me, or email me at coaltergeist@gmail.com

If that were the case, I can already send you a WIP for a remix I have of "Conquest" from Awakening that I was planning to finish and submit anyway.

If that's what people want, I'm completely down for it. I'd like to get some more confirmation that people want to do this, then I can draw up the album guidelines/possible songs in the next few days/week.

There's already some neat stuff in here, but nothing that's super catchy quite yet.

Love Awakening, super excited for If. Personally my favorite song is Id-Purpose, and the fact that it made it into sm4sh is even better.

Still looking for people to join. Is there some other place I should look for remixers, or is here the best place?

• 2 weeks later...

Fasdfkjl. Angel took Conquest. CURSE YOU ANGEELLLLLL.

Jk, I wanna claim something from Awakening before it's too late for sure, though not sure if I could get something to you by what is it? April 20th?

Can I claim "Prelude" from Awakening? Another one I have a cool idea for but isn't too popular or iconic is I think just called "Can we take a rest? Please?" (gotta lost those titles).

And lastly, I think one of the most iconic tracks from that game is probably "Id - Purpose" which is a fantastic track and if I can have a really good tight electric guitarist to back me up on that one, then I might be able to rock that.

What I can claim with 100% confidence as of right now though, is "Prelude". Is this ok?

Jk, I wanna claim something from Awakening before it's too late for sure, though not sure if I could get something to you by what is it? April 20th?

Can I claim "Prelude" from Awakening? Another one I have a cool idea for but isn't too popular or iconic is I think just called "Can we take a rest? Please?" (gotta lost those titles).

And lastly, I think one of the most iconic tracks from that game is probably "Id - Purpose" which is a fantastic track and if I can have a really good tight electric guitarist to back me up on that one, then I might be able to rock that.

What I can claim with 100% confidence as of right now though, is "Prelude". Is this ok?

Garrett, sent you a PM, check it out. As for the 1st date, changed to May 1st because April 20th sounds weird :-P .

Edited by Coaltergeist

Lol I've been working on that for almost a year! Started as an EDM sort of thing, but now I'm taking it in a speed/power metal direction.

I can probably give you the electric guitar you need if you decide to do that track in the future. Just send an audio file or even MIDI/sheet music/tab (that's preferable) if you got it and I'll see what I can do. I've secretly been wanting to collab with you anyway.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

I've been thinking about getting feedback on tracks; I posted a WIP of the track I'm working on in the OCR workshop, but noone gave any feedback. I can assume that this is because people are not familiar with the source material. Because of this, I was thinking about a system where whoever wants to can upload a WIP to the internet (google drive maybe?) and people on this team can take a listen and get feedback. IDK, maybe mine was an isolated incident. What do you guys think; does it sound like a decent idea?

• 5 weeks later...

Team feedback sounds good, usually not that many people from the project comment all that much (it's lots of work anyhow) but it has seemed like having a project forum for WIPs is worth the effort.

I haven't progressed my track yet, as I'm swamped with other commitments, but I should be able to work a little bit on my track before the check-in. Thanks for the heads up!

• 3 weeks later...

10 days before the check-in! Nothing serious, just seeing how everyone's doing :).

So in short, if someone else wants to take conquest for the album, go nuts.

Garret is already working on Awakening, and he did express interest in Conquest. If he wants it, he can have it.

(Angel holy crap I love the gif in your sig, btw)